Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to get Trijicon sights for the G23, but I couldn't find any in stock and I hated the stock front sight the G23 came with. At some point, I'm going to get a nice set of sights for my G23, but for now this is what I have done. Several coats of pink nail polish, and a coat of clear sealant.

I cleaned the front sight, and my lady did the rest of the work...she has a much steadier hand.

The G23 is not my EDC, but I do have it when I go camping or hiking. I tried shooting it with the regular front sights and it just wasn't working for me. It's much easier for me to acquire my target with the new front sight.

If you have a sight system that you have found works very well for you, please let me know. Does not have to be night sights.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I've got a favorite setup... 10-8 Performance rear with a white-outline tritium front:

Uncluttered plain rear sight with a generous u-notch and an attention-grabbing front sight. Front sight courtesy of Dawson Precision. Works for me. Not exactly cheap, though:

Front sight 019-028 from Dawson, $56.71 shipped
Rear sight .140" wide u-notch from 10-8 Performance, $56.50 shipped

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Optics planet usually has them as well.

At some point I'm gonna throw a set of orange Trijicon HD's on my 19.

I need to find a good sight pusher first.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
TFO's are good for general shooting and night sights.

I like the Big Dots on the G23, they are very quick and easy to see at night. They aren't much for precision target shooting. The three dot night sights on the G17 a good basic sights.

The Warren Tactical Sights on the G20 work well for quick acquisition and precision.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for all your feedback.

GT, great looking setup, and thank you for including the part numbers.

Willie, the Warren Tactical sights look clean too. Do you remember how much you spent on them?

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
WHatever works for you, bro...

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
TFO's are good for general shooting and night sights.
Agreed. They are NOT just "night sights". They really pop for "day sights" too! :idea:

·
Banned
0 Posts
This is my preferred sight set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts