Springfield XD Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I bought my XD40 and it would misfeed every 3rd round. didn't matter what ammo I fed it after a trip back to the factory, re-reaming of the chamber and polishing of the feedramp, it eats everything I feed it. Handloads and all :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes 'operator error' is overlooked more than it should be. A typical example was one I ran into on the range the other day. I just purchased an XD40SC (already have a service model and LOVE it). I was waiting for the poppers that were being used by a gentleman with a G27. He was having a horrible time with FTFs. Being the helpful individual I am, we tried some of my ammo (WWB, GDs and some reloads). He was still having FTF problems, so I tried the gun. Not one FTF in 100+ rounds I shot through it. He tried my XD and did not experience any FTFs. Does this make the XDSC more reliable than the G27...NO...it was merely 'operator error' with this guy 'limp wristing' his glock. Every mechanical item can and WILL have failures...at some point in time. Before anyone bashes me for being a ______hater (you fill in the blank). I own a Glock 17,27 and 35, 2 XDs, a P220, P229 and P239, a 92FS, a H&K USP 45 and various 1911 based handguns (to name a few) and can honestly say that not one of them is a POS...if they were...they would be owned by someone else! Just my $0.02...YMMV...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree flstc-- but you hear it all the time..."I'm not limp wristing because I have been shooting for 25 years" or "It cannot be operator error because I am an instructor at the range or local police academy", or "it has to be the gun because I shot my_____ with out any problems for years" the list goes on and on and on.... Some people refuse to admit that there is even the possibility of it being "operator error" and that is the first clue to me that it probably is.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
That's exactly how I found out my first XD-40 service was defective - I let someone else shoot it. Since Springfield replaced it with a brand spanking new one I have had zero, and I mean zero, problems.

Tom

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just went over the 3000 round mark with mine XD40 4" and out of all those rounds the only trouble I have had is because of the 20round promag not cycling the next round (or the slide locking back) it has not had one FTF or anything. I clean it after every trip and also clean the barrel and feed ramp every 100 rounds at the range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been lurking on this site for about 5 years. For some reason I finally felt like posting. I bought my XD-40 Service bitone in May of 2001. It was my first gun and I shot the hell out of it the last 5 years. In addition to shooting it myself I have taught over 30 people how to handle and shoot a firearm with this gun. I finally sent my gun to springfield last month and just recently got it back. I stopped keeping track of rounds after I hit 22,000. That is not a typo. Just recently I had my first ftf's. They were only happening when the gun was dirty. You see I trail ride quads alot and one day on a ride we whipped out my trusty XD and it ftf'ed 3 times out of 20. I was shocked because I had never had a failure prior to this. Sent the gun to SA and they replaced all the springs, firing pin, extracter, and striker, free of charge. While it was there I got it hard cromed and th pro carry package done to it. I love my gun and am a big fan of the XD. It has held up better than expected and withstood the test of time. I carry both guns on a daily basis and have never had finish problems. Just thought I would share my experiance with you guys and gals!

·
Registered
234 Posts
My roommate's 40 has put well over 10,000 rounds through it without 1 problem, not even rust. It's reliable enough that it was on his hip in Iraq. Now he carries an XD45 in it's place but the 40 is still in reach :)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts