Springfield XD Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
need some insight about why these 2 are here look no further than this current thread and

this one.... http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27414&start=75&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Check out the very mature post of pictures on page 6 by his buddy mallninja, ooops I meant, ninjadroid.

This is the majority of both of there contributions to the forum. :lol:

Crofrog Quote "or if HK comes out with the absolutely perfect pistol for my mission I'd switch."

What is your mission??????

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Sigh...

I am doing my best to consider these two persons credible.. but it is getting hard. If they don't like the gun.. then sell it. I don't think any person on this forum would hesitate to buy it. I will buy it.. if it is the POS that they claim, I think I am justified in offering a very low price.

If it's a lemon.. get rid of the fuggin' thing. I wouldn't have a gun in my arsenal that I didn't trust. If I point my XD at an object, a hole will soon appear. That is all the trust I need. If these men prefer GLOCKS.. I don't have any issues with that. Personally, I think GLOCKS are fine weapons... I just don't like the way they feel in my hand. I do like SIG's, and HK's.. but they are kind of spendy. But that is me... I have my own preferences.

Raymond

·
Registered
454 Posts
My mission is simple. To keep the people I love and myself alive.
:shock: I figured you were Delta Force or Green Berets.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Captain Ray said:
I am doing my best to consider these two persons credible.. but it is getting hard.
They are credible in that they don't like the XD from a reliability standpoint, because of their own personal experience and the "research" they did on various forums.

They made a choice that is perfectly valid for them regarding continuing to own/use an XD.

From what I can see, they feel they have some 'duty' to 'inform' others of their experience and like to hang around to see how people respond.

On their arguments themselves, they have no true statisical evidence to support any claim of reliability and/or engineering problem. They merely revert to "internet statistics" and things that they make up to "explain" why their reasoning is sound from an engineering perspective, regardless of the fact that they have done no true engineering analysis on the issues they claim [see prior posts regarding the ejector, locking blocks/pressure and mags].

It is VERY common on the internet, especially on forums focused on a particular product or narrow range of products. You should have seen the Tivo board in the early days, you'd have thought every single Tivo ever produced was broken!!

I expect they will continue to hang around b/c they think it is entertaining, and/or there are people they hope to influence against the XD based on their experience and self-indulging 'expertise' in handgun engineering. As with most forums, they go away if they get bored, and usually never before then :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
pdjplano said:
I expect they will continue to hang around b/c they think it is entertaining, and/or there are people they hope to influence against the XD based on their experience and self-indulging 'expertise' in handgun engineering. As with most forums, they go away if they get bored, and usually never before then :)
What's your sign, cutie? We seem to cross paths all the time.

I expect you to hold yourself to the same standards of veracity and scientific thoroughness that you hold me. Only I don't at all.

Me and crofrog will get back to you with a structural integrity report on the XD in a week or so. Since we're poor, we won't be able to stress test XD after XD, but we'll be able to point out the flaws and the physics behind them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
pdjplano said:
yes it is entertaining, you guys are the exact same "tennifer twinks" you see at glock talk only you like the XD instead. I find the hypocrisy amusing.

I'm not an expert never claimed to be. In fact I've have said I'm not an expert on a few different occasions. I've stated time and time again, We've used the best data avalable to us to come to the conclusions we did. Sometimes you have to work with what you got as shitty as it may be.

Very few, frankly no one, has presented a resoned argument to contray. It has normally come down to ad hominem attacks against us. Like above, I've never claimed to be an "expert" on handgun engineering, yet you use this to refute the fact that there are some improperly engineered / designed peices on the gun. The locking block not being radius cut is a design / engineering flaw. Me not being an expert does not change that fact.

Shocked I figured you were Delta Force or Green Berets.
I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that. I've never misrepresented myself. Being that in your name you say you are a marine, you have my respect, being out there on the pointy end takes balls. I'm seriously considering serving my country through an armed service or Police deptarment. I've not fully collected my thoughts on the matter so I've yet to make the commitment. I'm fairly happy with my IT carrier right now, and the significant pay cut it would require futher muddles my desicision. Thank you for your service past or present. (that applys to all members of the Armed forces and any cops on this or any other board)

Chris

·
Registered
143 Posts
ninjadroid said:
pdjplano said:
What's your sign, cutie? We seem to cross paths all the time.
My sign is "engineer out of water", do they have a picture for that? :)

ninjadroid said:
I expect you to hold yourself to the same standards of veracity and scientific thoroughness that you hold me. Only I don't at all.
Of course, when valid data is presented you can be sure I'll consider it. I've not been one to claim that the XD is the be all end all, for I'd need the same data you need were i to make such claims. :)

ninjadroid said:
Me and crofrog will get back to you with a structural integrity report on the XD in a week or so. Since we're poor, we won't be able to stress test XD after XD, but we'll be able to point out the flaws and the physics behind them.
Cool, I look forward to an informative and scientific report.

·
Registered
143 Posts
crofrog said:
pdjplano said:
yes it is entertaining, you guys are the exact same "tennifer twinks" you see at glock talk only you like the XD instead. I find the hypocrisy amusing.
How is that again? I'd be careful about lumping everyone together just because they challenge your ability to construct a valid set of arguments using real data and scientific/engineering principles... :)

crofrog said:
I'm not an expert never claimed to be. In fact I've have said I'm not an expert on a few different occasions. I've stated time and time again, We've used the best data avalable to us to come to the conclusions we did. Sometimes you have to work with what you got as shitty as it may be.
You haven't studied statistics I take it? Trying to make a valid claim based on faulty data is as stupid as making faulty claims based on valid data. Your claims have little scientific or statistical principle behind them, don't be surprised if people call you on that in your life :)

crofrog said:
Very few, frankly no one, has presented a resoned argument to contray. It has normally come down to ad hominem attacks against us.
My response to your postulates has been neither ad hominem nor unreasonable. Your claims are completely invalid as anything more than your OPINION. Which is fine, we all have opinions, but attempting to make claims when you are really presented opinion is not something most accept (at least in my line of work)

crofrog said:
Like above, I've never claimed to be an "expert" on handgun engineering, yet you use this to refute the fact that there are some improperly engineered / designed peices on the gun.
No, I merely pointed out that your lack of expertise should be considered as you make statements like you did prior in an engineering piece. If you have data and/or statements from "experts" that you are just repeating, then do share their findings, as THEN your statements have merit!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
ninjadroid, crofrog,

I'd be lying if I said I have read every word you two have written but I have read enough I think. What would you have us XD owners do? In all honesty, tell us. You guys seem to have done a little research and seem to have deemed the the XD unfit for “life and death” use as far as I can tell. So what would you have us do?

IMHO I would not be afraid to put either of my XD-40’s on my hip and trust my life to the fact that they would go BOOM when my life was on the line.

Do you think I should be afraid? If you say yes, tell me why I should. Why should your experience with the XD carry more weight than my own experience?

mcb

·
Registered
477 Posts
Against my better judgement, I am making another reply to this thread. You two are entitled to have your own opinion and I respect your opinion. However, if you are trying to convince readers of this forum that your opinion is the right opinion then you may want to reconsider your strategy. You'll be hard pressed to ever convince me to agree with you after you've called me a dumb ass.

But thats just me, so I'll leave you guys to go back to doing whatever it is you are doing. Good luck.

jonas

·
Registered
219 Posts
USMC-PRIDE said:
need some insight about why these 2 are here look no further than this current thread and

this one.... http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27414&start=75&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Check out the very mature post of pictures on page 6 by his buddy mallninja, ooops I meant, ninjadroid.

This is the majority of both of there contributions to the forum. :lol:

Crofrog Quote "or if HK comes out with the absolutely perfect pistol for my mission I'd switch."

What is your mission??????
HaHA, while I dont agree with them on the XD's those were some good pics :lol:

I have many many thousand rounds through my xd40 and xd357, enough rounds to pay for probably several XD's. I have put mine through alot and I trust them. I could care less if anyone else does. This is turning out just like Chevy v Ford, Coors Light v Bud Light, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
ninjadroid said:
I sold mine to Overkill. And Glocks are certainly not my favorite --- my current gun is a Sig P226.
Ovrkill has your XD? He is a very respected member here, and if he has similar trouble we will know that you are not a troll.. and I am a horses ass. I am sure if the trouble continues TASF can fix it.

Anyway... they are good guns. I trust my life with mine. But I also trust my life with my Taurus, and my Marlin, and my 10/22, and my Ruger 22/45, and my Crossman air gun.. hell.. in a pinch I will use Williams Airsoft Walther p22... (But I would have to be pretty much out of options to use that....)

Anyway... I am sorry if I doubted you. I may have been a bit gruff...

Raymond

·
Registered
81 Posts
mcb said:
ninjadroid, crofrog,

I'd be lying if I said I have read every word you two have written but I have read enough I think. What would you have us XD owners do? In all honesty, tell us. You guys seem to have done a little research and seem to have deemed the the XD unfit for “life and death” use as far as I can tell. So what would you have us do?
Throughly test your guns. In other thread's I've linked to the IWBA prodecure for testing defensive ammo. Run a few thousand of crap ammo through it, then follow the IWBA protocol for testing carry ammo. If your gun passes cool. Then closely inspect parts known for failure after every few range sessions.

Don't assume cause you got 1000rd's or 500rd's through your gun and haven't had a part fail on you your ok.

Also, relize that sure it might just have been 1 FTF or 2 FTX's or whatever but relize this brings into question the overall reliablity of the gun. If this happens you should further test it. A reliable autoload will not have issues randomly with FTF's and FTX's.

Not to mention it testing shouldn't be that difficult and in fact would not only insure your gun works, but improves the software running then gun it seems like a very sound and fun course of action.

Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
JHA XD40 said:
You'll be hard pressed to ever convince me to agree with you after you've called me a dumb ass.
Well to be honest I didn't just call you a dumb ass. I called everyone a dumbass, but being you have a some what reasonable round count. I exclude you from the dumbass mark :p

Seriously dude lighten up. It's an internet forum. I've not said anything that I wouldn't say to your faces.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
crofrog said:
mcb said:
ninjadroid, crofrog,

Throughly test your guns. In other thread's I've linked to the IWBA prodecure for testing defensive ammo. Run a few thousand of crap ammo through it, then follow the IWBA protocol for testing carry ammo. If your gun passes cool. Then closely inspect parts known for failure after every few range sessions.
{snip}
Chris
Fair enough. Although I did not fing the IWBA exact procedure I get your idea. And in general it makes sense, if your going to carry you better have confidence in it.

So why does the fact that a relatively few XD-40's have failed to pass this testing make the XD-40's in general unsuitable for "life and death" applications? If I had an XD-40 and it could not pass a rigorous test procedure then I would not carry it. BUT if I had have an XD-40 that did pass the test why would some else's XD-40 failing the same test effect my own faith in my particular gun?

Certainly you must keep abreast of issues such as the crack issue with the locking block, but so far I have yet to see a problem with the XD-40 that caused unforeseen catastrophic failures. And all issues that have cropped up have had relatively straight forward solutions.

mcb

·
Registered
375 Posts
i had failure to feed issues with my xd40service. the typical nose of the round was getting hung up on the feed ramp. 1) yes i had that feed ramp as smooth as glass; 2) no i'm not limpwristing; 3) no, it wasn't user error, i've shot enough and well enough that i'm a rangemaster/firearms instructor in my district. see previous topic on which i went into this at length. i could actually make it FTF playing with it at my desk.

sent it to SA after a phone call, they shaved off a very small half-moon shape leading up to the feed ramp, which solved the problem. i've also added the guide rod/spring combo.

coworker of mine with the xd40tactical is also experiencing the same problem on the range, he's going to contact SA as well.

i think that the fact that canyon creek offers feed ramp polishing for the xd might be an indication that this _can_ be a problem with the .40 caliber round in the XD.

dean
cincinnati
xd40service
xd9sc

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.