Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to see how a gun can be accessorized since I'm a newbie. Does anyone know of sites that pre-accessorize the guns and sell them that way? Thanks

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Want to be more specific?

·
Registered
153 Posts
You talking like you order the stock gun but have them put accy on it before you get it?
like night sights,trigger kits Recoil Springs porting the barrel and so on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes exactly, if I can choose which accessory to put on, it'd be better. I don't have a preference yet on the model, I guess any hand guns.

You talking like you order the stock gun but have them put accy on it before you get it?
like night sights,trigger kits Recoil Springs porting the barrel and so on?

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
For a beginner, the only accessories you really need are ammo, targets, and a place to shoot. Until you have a specific need for certain accessories and modifications, you're likely to waste a lot of money "accessorizing".

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Canyon Creek will do a custom XD

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
For a beginner, the only accessories you really need are ammo, targets, and a place to shoot. Until you have a specific need for certain accessories and modifications, you're likely to waste a lot of money "accessorizing".
I agree. The only things I got for my guns are extra mags.

The target, snap caps, ammo, range bags, cleaning supplies, and safety equipments (ears & eyes), I don't consider as gun accs.

·
Registered
616 Posts

I also agree with this^^ If you are new to shooting, don't spend a bunch of money putting accessories on your gun. First get the gun. Put at least 2,000 rounds through it to fully break it in, and for you to get used to it. Then start adding on (if you still wish to do so). Most of my guns (outside of my AK) don't have any accessories to them. I have the Trijicon sights on my XD9sc, but that's about it. And I only did that because it's my HD weapon...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Using the firearm, then "adding accessories" is part of the fun, don't cheat yourself out of that learning/fun experience.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Using the firearm, then "adding accessories" is part of the fun, don't cheat yourself out of that learning/fun experience.
Gotta agree here! Especially after the initial thrill of the purchase wears off you get to add stuff once you learn what you like/need to improve it.

Plus a $110 TLR-1 light is an easier sell to the wife when space out the accessories!

·
Registered
416 Posts
G & R Tactical offers accessorized AR packages & will install Apex parts in S&W M&Ps that they sell.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts