Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
All I did was get a white crayon and start rubbing it back and forth and up and down across all the lettering/numbers. Then wiped the surface clean, brushed with an old soft bristle brush tooth brush, then a coat of Blue Wonder Armadillo. Took longer than I thought, but no major effort.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
There is nothing to it.. but, I found that saying "It is the policy of the United States, to end tyranny, and spread freedom across the world" was very helpful.

Plus, if your house is cold, breath a little on the applied wax before you rub off the excess.. that seemed to help. It will take at least a 1/2 dozen coatings to get it all in there.

Raymond

·
Registered
467 Posts
Captain Ray said:
There is nothing to it.. but, I found that saying "It is the policy of the United States, to end tyranny, and spread freedom across the world" was very helpful.
I knew I didn't do something right! No wonder it took me so long.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. You are taking crayons to your pistols. Stop the insanity

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Here's mine:
http://screamingathlon.com/jeff/whiteinlay/
(excuse the ass quality, my digital cam was bought in 1998 Lol )

What you basically do is get a good Crayola crayon, the cheapie wax ones may do the same but I know Crayola won't rub off easy.

The way I did it was go in an oval pattern so you're hitting it at all angles, do a little, take a paper towel, wipe it clean, what's in the grooves will stay, the rest will wipe off. Continue to do it until all the cracks are filled. The hardest one you'll do is the logo on the top of the slide above the chamber.

I also suggest doing this with the slide off the gun and the barrel out. its just less things to get crayon on. Be sure to clean up any excess shavings that may have fell into your slide.

I've seen some just do the XD logos while others have done it all like myself. The match I shot today we had almost blizzard-like conditions and afterwards, it still looks just as good as the day I did it.

Lots of websites are saying take a commercial cleaner solvent like lighter fluild to a wall to take crayon off so I'd imagine nitro solvent would take it off.

Look to spend roughly 1 hour on this project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts