Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a S&W E series when I get home, the bobbed commander the blacked out one. I want tritium fiber optic sights, can I get these put on it? If so which ones. (I don't know my slide cuts) and will I have to get the slide cut to put them on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First off, Tritium and fiber optic are two different dogs. Secondly, I believe the SW1911SC that you are referring to comes with tritium sights. But if it doesn't, they do make them specifically for the S&W. Look at opticsplanet.com. They carry Meprolights and Trijicons for the S&W 1911.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, Tritium and fiber optic are two different dogs. Secondly, I believe the SW1911SC that you are referring to comes with tritium sights. But if it doesn't, they do make them specifically for the S&W. Look at opticsplanet.com. They carry Meprolights and Trijicons for the S&W 1911.
*bangs head on wall* Truglo TG131GT2 Tritium & Fiber Optic Glock Sights#

I know exactly what I was asking I promise. I will look on optics though worth a shot. nope they don't

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I vote this to be the most worthless and uninformed post on the entire forum..:shock::oops:
Just a heads up countrybois, there are sights that have both tritium and fiber optic tubes..
They are indeed called TruGlo TFOs, are they are made in Richardson, TEXAS.
http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;PRODUCTS_NO_TREE?cat=30500?company=TGI

*bangs head on wall* Truglo TG131GT2 Tritium & Fiber Optic Glock Sights#

I know exactly what I was asking I promise. I will look on optics though worth a shot.
I wanted to chime in yocan, but being new to 1911s myself, I wasn't sure if the S&W has a standard Novak cut or something else.:confused:

Maybe check out 1911forum.com.
http://forums.1911forum.com/index.php?
I've learned a lot there since buying my Kimber, RIA, and SA EMP..
or maybe PM ajamesp51 and see if he can help you..
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/members/ajamesp51-1513.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I vote this to be the most worthless and uninformed post on the entire forum..:shock::oops:
Just a heads up countrybois, there are sights that have both tritium and fiber optic tubes..
They are indeed called TruGlo TFOs, are they are made in Richardson, TEXAS.
Products and Services | TRUGLO, Inc.

Thanks! Actually what I said is true, tritium and fiber optics are two different technologies. Pardon me for not knowing there is a company that happens to have combined the two technologies. I didn't claim to know anything more than what I stated and simply pointed the guy to a site that I knew carried night sights for the Smith.

Since you both seem to know so much....how about picking up the phone to the company that you KNOW makes them and asking if they carry them for the SW1911??

I wanted to chime in yocan, but being new to 1911s myself, I wasn't sure if the S&W has a standard Novak cut or something else.:confused:

Maybe check out 1911forum.com.
1911Forum - Powered by vBulletin
I've learned a lot there since buying my Kimber, RIA, and SA EMP..
or maybe PM ajamesp51 and see if he can help you..
XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - View Profile: ajamesp51

·
Registered
821 Posts
The E series uses a specific Novak cut that is the same as the 3 generation of S&W autos. It is difficult to find sights that fit this cut. If you want TFO's, then I would call/email them and ask. They may have them, or be able to make them, and just do not have them listed on the site since they don't sell many.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The E series uses a specific Novak cut that is the same as the 3 generation of S&W autos. It is difficult to find sights that fit this cut. If you want TFO's, then I would call/email them and ask. They may have them, or be able to make them, and just do not have them listed on the site since they don't sell many.
thanks, I'll do that.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Call Dawson Precision, they will help you out fully!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts