Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the XD Pistol part of your SHTF pistol/long gun combo?

A friend swears by his "utterly reliable and battle-proven combo" of the stock Colt 1911 pistol and Arsenal AK (7.62x39, converted Saiga), which he considers better "knock-down calibers".

Another friend does not want to rely on semi-auto mechanism. Believes in proven "one-shot" hits. His non-semi-auto combo is the S&W .357 K-frame revolver and Remington 870 pump shotgun.

Another swears by his modern and reliably-designed Glock 17 and Sig 556 combo (piston).

What is your pistol/long gun combo? What are the Pros and cons of your combo?

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
An M1 Garand and a 1911.

Together they beat the Germans, the Nipponese, the North Koreans and the Chinese (and countless other folks in in their spare time)...I figure they'll do just fine now, as well.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
AR-15, XDM .40, with a S&W .357 back-up

·
Registered
261 Posts
Main- LWRC M6A2 5.56mm
Sidearm- either Sig P229 SCT or XD service, both .40

Pros: Reliable, large supply of ammo on hand, standard loadings for local PDs/field pick up's will be available.

Cons: For long term use/needs if I have a piston failure parts may be hard to get for the LWRC, although most of it's parts are compatible with production AR's.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well right now it's the XD9 and a .22 rifle. Though that is subject to change.

Weakness in the rifle is low capacity clip and the .22 isn't as powerful as a .308, .223, or .30-06. The 9mm isn't as strong as .40 or .45.

But .22 and 9mm will be the most common rounds you'll find post-shtf because they're so widely used. Scavenging is something you'll have to consider to keep your babies fed in shtf.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
All my weapons were sold by an ATF agent to a member of the Mexican Drug cartel.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
All my weapons were sold by an ATF agent to a member of the Mexican Drug cartel.
lol ...

SHTF guns:

BUG-IN guns:
Pistols => 9mm XDSC, Taurus .38spl, Beretta .32 Tomcat, NAA .22lr mini-revolver
Rifles ==> 9mm Beretta CX4 carbine, .556 Stag AR-15 carbine, .22lr Marlin 15 shot
I was intending to add a saiga 12 shotgun, but might have missed the boat on that one.

BOB guns:
All the pistols will come, either packed in the BOB or on myself and my wife.
The CX4 will definitely bug out and hopefully the AR, too. I've got to rearrange the BOB and get a new backpack to be able to pack ammo for the AR.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
AR-15 and either my full size 1911 or my XD Tactical .40

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
My XDm would be part of my SHTF gear, because it is the only pistol I have. As of yet, I don't have multiples of any firearm category. I imagine that will keep up for awhile too. I still have no revolver, lever gun, air rifle (other than toys from my youth), semi-auto rifle larger than 5.56, 22 pistol (target or otherwise), no mouse gun. There are tons more varieties of guns I will be getting before I start to double up with another service pistol

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
An M1 Garand and a 1911.

Together they beat the Germans, the Nipponese, the North Koreans and the Chinese (and countless other folks in in their spare time)...I figure they'll do just fine now, as well.

Cuda, sounds like what my grandfather would have said. He had both of those too.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Me - XD .45T / AR15
Wife - XD .40 service / SKS
Kid - .22 rifle for now (8yr old skill level)

Yes I know a SKS? Well, lots of rounds in mag and it just keeps banging away. Good weapon for her in that situation.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
The XDm .45 along with my Remington R1 1911,Sig 556 and my mouse gun: Walther P22. And the 10 13 round mags for the XDm, 6 mags (2 7 rounders and 4 8 rounders) for the R1, and 6 30 rd AR mags for my 556!:D
Right now I only have 1 magazine for my Walther, but I will get at least 3 more.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My XDd40sc will be with me, 'cause it's my CCW gun. I keep extra mags for it in my GHB. At home is a BOB with two 9mm Sigs, mine and hers. Those are accompanied by a XD45 Tactical, a 5-shot .38, and a 7-shot .357. I can pair those up with an AR15, a Saiga 308, a 8-shot Persuader, a couple of SKS's, a .357 lever gun, a 45 Camp Carbine, or a couple of single-shot rifles in .223 and .308, or a Mosin M38 if I want to make a lot of noise. Throw in a few .22 pistols and rifles for S&G's.

So, yeah..the XD(s) are part of my SHTF combo(s).:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
XDM 3.8 Compact in 9mm with 19 round mags + homegrown AR-15. Used to be Beretta 92 but I have become so comfortable with my XDM carry gun that it's replaced the Beretta.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
For me, it depends on whether staying home or bugging out. For at-home, it's a Beretta M9A1 and CX4 (92 mag model). For bug out, it's an AR-15 and M9A1.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My compact 3.8 XDm and SA Socom II in urban camo. Of course some more - XDm .40 with .357 Sig barrel, Bushmaster AR15.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Been reading here for a while; chose this thread for 1st post. Howdy!

CCW - XD9sc loaded with Ranger T-series
Short Range - Rem 870 Express Tactical
Long Range - Rem 700 AAC-SD & Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40
SHTF EDC - AR15 (Colt 6920)
SHTF Pistol - H&K USP Tactical .40 S&W

1 - 20 of 52 Posts