are pmags your mag of choice?

• yes

• no

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well like the title says if your at the store and they have every mag currently made do you chose the Pmag?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
If they made them for AR-10, then yes. Since they don't, I prefer Armalite mags :p

·
Registered
469 Posts
all i have is 2 lancers right now
i ordered 4 pmags 2 from 2 different stores

still none in my mail yet haha

but ya i would def pick pmag

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yes for 30-rounders...but I wouldn't hesitate to fall back on any of my other mags either (most of which have Magpul Enhanced Followers, etc.). For the 20-rounders, I am going to eventually pick up some PMags, but I have never had a single malfunction that was mag-related when using USGI or Colt 20-round mags.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all i have is 2 lancers right now
i ordered 4 pmags 2 from 2 different stores

still none in my mail yet haha

but ya i would def pick pmag
how do you like the lancers? i hear good things but clear plastic worries me since it tends to be more fragile then other plastics... not allways but at least in my limited experience. however i would like to see a mag mad of Lexan plastic (the stuff used in bullet proof glass and nalgine water bottles) now that stuff is VERY strong, and for all i know the lancers could be stronger then pmags ive never actually handled one

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've go both P-Mags and GI 30 rounders.

I slightly prefer the P-Mags, but have no problems with the GI mags.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
how do you like the lancers? i hear good things but clear plastic worries me since it tends to be more fragile then other plastics... not allways but at least in my limited experience. however i would like to see a mag mad of Lexan plastic (the stuff used in bullet proof glass and nalgine water bottles) now that stuff is VERY strong, and for all i know the lancers could be stronger then pmags ive never actually handled one
Magpul is releasing their smoke(clear) Pmags for training only as they say the plastic isnt as durable. The L5s seem to be just as durable as Pmags from the tests Ive seen. I have a couple.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I went with no.

I have a few Pmags and like them enough. I guess Im just cheep:|

·
Registered
144 Posts
They are great mags but I've not had any problems at all with my GI mags. I think part of it is a popularity contest...everybody needs the latest and greatest - once word catches on, everyone has to have them. I have a pile of them myself and so far, they have lived up to the hype. I also have some Lancer mags which are also holding up well and have not had any issues, even though they - gasp - don't have anti-tilt followers.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
If the question contains "would you buy" and the word "Magpul PMags" the answer is ALWYAS YES!!

There isn't a good reason not to buy PMags as they are still cheap for the quality you get.

·
Registered
948 Posts
i have a hand full of pmags and i think there ok i got way before the rush at 12 or 13 bucks ea. i would just pick up pmags and gi mags here and there,:cool: but i have had gi mags for years with no failures.i don't shoot them or run them over with my truck call me old fashion i load them and put them in my gun and empty them!!!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Cause they are the freakin bomb man!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts