Springfield XD Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
since IM in California , there isnt much selection / choices for the XD handguns, so less things to talk about very few choices available

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was here a lot when Frenchie was with us. Can't remember if I had the same user name or not. I figure the forum is dying off because of the XD hate from the shooting public. I still have all the XD's I've ever owned. Good under rated pistols in my opinion. Bothers me to see the top youtube gun gurus and instructors bash them. Have to admit I spent most of my time over on GT. Went for long periods of time with no postings on anything. Pretty much gave up THR also.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I joined this forum... a while ago (even before DantheEldest!), when it was still HS2000talk.com, after buying a 1st gen HS2k. It was smaller and more friendly, with little need for moderation. After SA took over the importation, pumped money into marketing, and jacked the price up over $100, this place grew, and with it, a different kind of member, who didn't care who they offended. Dan was too busy with the rest of his life, so he gave the forum over to Mark Craighead, who tried his best to keep the place decent, but was taken from us way too soon by a heart attack.

I sold my HS2k to my dad in 2016 and bought a Shield for concealed carry since I shot it better than the XD-S (much to my surprise). There wasn't a huge need for me to come on here since I didn't own any Springfield firearms. I'm back now because I have a Hellcat arriving on Monday. To say the forum is dead is an understatement. The Springfield groups on FacistBook are quite active, though. I see this slowdown happening across many different forums I've been a member of as so many move to social media instead of internet forums. It's just the way of the interwebs these days.

·
Administrator
17,170 Posts
I joined this forum... a while ago (even before DantheEldest!), when it was still HS2000talk.com, after buying a 1st gen HS2k. It was smaller and more friendly, with little need for moderation. After SA took over the importation, pumped money into marketing, and jacked the price up over $100, this place grew, and with it, a different kind of member, who didn't care who they offended. Dan was too busy with the rest of his life, so he gave the forum over to Mark Craighead, who tried his best to keep the place decent, but was taken from us way too soon by a heart attack.

I sold my HS2k to my dad in 2016 and bought a Shield for concealed carry since I shot it better than the XD-S (much to my surprise). There wasn't a huge need for me to come on here since I didn't own any Springfield firearms. I'm back now because I have a Hellcat arriving on Monday. To say the forum is dead is an understatement. The Springfield groups on FacistBook are quite active, though. I see this slowdown happening across many different forums I've been a member of as so many move to social media instead of internet forums. It's just the way of the interwebs these days.
Yep. And that's my deal... I hate social media. Technically, forums are social media.... But no... FB, Twits, SC... All that crap... Ruining everything, including forums.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
273 Posts
As far as I’m concerned, as long as y’all still have the Tapatalk plug-in, I’m good but, I think a lot of web forms do get a little bit carried away with their rules and the types of rules they possess and I guess as far as whether or not the XD forums are just as bad, I don’t really care for how easy it is for some forums to close threads over arguments. I mean after all, that’s kind of what they’re all about, people are going to discuss things and even if the discussion does get a little bit heated, that’s what it’s all about, I think. The firing line forums are really bad about that and so is Sig talk but yet they both still have quite an active forum so who knows, maybe all the sissy snowflakes that don’t wanna debate anything end up over at those forums.

But just like the other guy said,
I think this should be an adult oriented site to where a lot of backing off could take place when it comes to talking like an adult but yes, I know that what I’m saying is pretty much falling on deaf ears around here unless the owner of the site decides to change his mind. telling a moderator something like that is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine because he doesn’t make the call, he just enforces the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
worry less !!!! , let's get some sassy people and revive this joint. I'm from a different place and I have the knack to get this very sassy if you know what I mean.
how about we talk about other hobbies people have , what are their personal likes or dislikes for that matter .
i'm in waist deep.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I first bought my XD almost a decade ago, I joined this site and remember it was very active.

I come in here once in a while now and try to lurk, but it seems there is less and less threads created, and a very few people reply...

I don't know if I'm just being dramatic.. or maybe i feel nostalgic and I miss the old forum .....
It’s slow or dead on a lot of forums. But a thing that has changed is, I see rancour everywhere, especially on the busy boards.

There is a seeming hatred in some people, and that wasn’t there when I started using forums, back in 2005.

Hatefulness gets old in a hurry, but I do think that people are scared to use gun forums now, because they fear that the government might spy on them.
This is weird time to live in America.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts