Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,077 Posts
As discussed prior...the membership and the topics have gotten stale and the enforcement of so called rules in effect will not help this. This is my last post concerning this subject. I own a XDe and like it, but probably will never own another Springfield as I prefer CZ or Glock. I do not see much to be posted that can in any way add to my knowledge of or that can assist in doing anything to my XDe but will stay a part of the membership...if permitted to check in now and then.
Don’t let the screen door hit you in the ass…

·
Registered
263 Posts
I’ll add, and this seems to be the case on most all forums, the complete lack of reading prior posts in a thread and then posting the exact same response over and over again makes me lose interest PDQ.

Reading is under rated.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi,

I have a friend who's favorite saying is, "Everything was better then. Everything is worse now."

I'm having a blast here. Please don't ruin it for me. Well, OK, go ahead and try. But you can't. So there. :p

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
I can't possibly list them.
17 Posts
When I first bought my XD almost a decade ago, I joined this site and remember it was very active.

I come in here once in a while now and try to lurk, but it seems there is less and less threads created, and a very few people reply...

I don't know if I'm just being dramatic.. or maybe i feel nostalgic and I miss the old forum .....
I mentioned something similar to this not long ago and I'm new and it's still obvious.
Only posting now because I had mentioned it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Having first come online to all the internet I have joined a number of forums, from dating sites to guns and trucks more these days. In general all forums seem to be less energetic than in years past, the reasons thereof probably as varied as the participants.

I'm fed up with the indignation from those who assume or believe a forum is or should be completely free of moderation and become butt-hurt when they clearly violate long-ago established Terms of Service and are held accountable. Forums tend to be privately owned where the owners set the rules---when we first join we're advised what the rules are.

We can have fun to a degree---I guess we all define "fun" differently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I first bought my XD almost a decade ago, I joined this site and remember it was very active.

I come in here once in a while now and try to lurk, but it seems there is less and less threads created, and a very few people reply...

I don't know if I'm just being dramatic.. or maybe i feel nostalgic and I miss the old forum .....
I am just setting here waiting for my XD3mod 2 9mm hopefully it will come back with a better trigger pull than 8+ pounds I sent it in with.. Second problem is no powder or primers so not much happening with me. Was able to pick up some new Winchester brass for it. Other than that I am just shooting my PMR 30..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Much to the what is probably the relief of the group, I’m less active because of the redesign of the forum. Similar issue with the 1911 forum. Nothing more than that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have been noticing this over the years. I joined in 2004, 17 years ago. This place has went downhill. I sometimes come over and check out the forum, but for the most part, this entire forum is dead. Like off to the nursing home and waiting for your apple sauce, dead.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have been noticing this over the years. I joined in 2004, 17 years ago. This place has went downhill. I sometimes come over and check out the forum, but for the most part, this entire forum is dead. Like off to the nursing home and waiting for your apple sauce, dead.
I run a nursing home, no money in long term care its all in you old guys breaking hips and knees.
Much to the what is probably the relief of the group, I’m less active because of the redesign of the forum. Similar issue with the 1911 forum. Nothing more than that.
1911 forum had been dead for a while with a bunch of jerks on there.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love applesauce…

·
Registered
11 Posts
We probably ought to apologize to the OP who made a legitimate observation. It was follow up posts that allowed this to get a little snippety.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's a few people still on here, but probably not as many as there used to be, but I had some replies to the questions I posted which helped when doing some modifications so all in all. (y) (y)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts