Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to find an extended slide release like Glock makes for my xd9.

anyone have any other aftermarket manufactures?

·
Super Moderator
22,220 Posts
I know pistolgear makes some pretty good stuff. Are you asking if the design is the best or if the quality is the best?

What makes you like a glock slide release over a XD?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the extended glock slide release has a flat spot and a big "bump" for very easy use

all of the aftermarket designs I have seen are relatively flat like the oem release, except for the pistolgear one. and it doesnt look like much material is there

·
Super Moderator
22,220 Posts
Well then PM Oldschool. Im sure he can give you more details on his product and answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Our design was based around the need of ALL shooters. The intent was to make releasing the slide easier and quicker for all by giving them a bigger release and one with more leverage (more lever than a tab). With our design, you shouldn't need to shift your hand to release the slide as many need to do with the factory part. It is also perfect for those with small hands or who lack strength or dexterity. We get many emails from lady shooters who love the part and before installing it could not drop the slide.

Hope this helps.

OS

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Not to take away anything from the pistolgear design, but just as a choice option for shooters with different needs/grip etc. I think Canyon Creek has their version of slide release - if you have not checked that already.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our design was based around the need of ALL shooters. The intent was to make releasing the slide easier and quicker for all by giving them a bigger release and one with more leverage (more lever than a tab). With our design, you shouldn't need to shift your hand to release the slide as many need to do with the factory part. It is also perfect for those with small hands or who lack strength or dexterity. We get many emails from lady shooters who love the part and before installing it could not drop the slide.

Hope this helps.

OS
very cool. thanks for the help.

I will be buying one of these in the very near future

1 - 7 of 7 Posts