Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pre recall XDS .45 that was meticulously cleaned after every time fired. Less than 1000 rounds through it and never once had a single malfunction.

Honestly I want to keep the gun. I absolutely love it but everyone I've talked to said that they would never carry a firearm that has been recalled and I definitely agree with that sentiment even with my pistols perfect track record. I sent in for the recall but Springfield never sent me anything (even after I called). So now I just want to get whatever I can for it and buy a new one.

What is it worth?/should I ask for when I go to sell/trade it?

I really appreciate the input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry but you are getting bad advice. It sounds like some superstition dumb crap. If you like it send it in for the recall and use it the range to let it prove itself to you.
Or if you believe that and it's a POS I'll give you 50$ for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Send it in for recall work...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go the the Springfield Armory website....there is a link on most every page there that will carry you to the recall page. Send it in. Otherwise, I will give you $55...:)

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I'll go 100.....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Send it in, have it fixed, then take it to the range and put another 1000 rounds, if it works like before, forget about it and enjoy your pistol.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I called SA for the recall on my xds a couple weeks ago. The process was fast and friendly. They e-mailed me a shipping label. I had my xds back less than 7 days after it was picked up by fed ex. I say call them and get the recall done and keep it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Honestly It's not worth the hassle. Just mail it to me. Be sure to enclose 100 for my trouble please.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry but you are getting bad advice. It sounds like some superstition dumb crap. If you like it send it in for the recall and use it the range to let it prove itself to you.
This is good advice. You need a new gun to prove out at the range as much as one fixed by the recall. Mine came back and works fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
your friends are jealous because your gun is better than theirs and they don't want to admit it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Every major manufacturer has had recalls. Issues occur and get resolved. Nothing to lose sleep over.

As others have said: send in the gun, get it upgraded and (once you verify its state upon return with more rounds down range) carry it with confidence.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Every major manufacturer has had recalls. Issues occur and get resolved. Nothing to lose sleep over.

As others have said: send in the gun, get it upgraded and (once you verify its state upon return with more rounds down range) carry it with confidence.

Glock, which has sold far more pistols than any, has never had a recall. It's not that there haven't been problems with a few Glock models. Glock will typically design a new part for the problem model - new guns will ship with it and if you send yours in, it will come back with the "update." But Glock will never publicly admit the problem like SA has. I prefer Glock to SA in almost every category, but candidness is not one of them.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
You already have a gun with proven reliability over the course of 1000 rounds. Send it in for the recall modification. When you get it back, take it to the range and then decide what to do with it. Unless you just want to start over again.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Glock, which has sold far more pistols than any, has never had a recall. It's not that there haven't been problems with a few Glock models. Glock will typically design a new part for the problem model - new guns will ship with it and if you send yours in, it will come back with the "update." But Glock will never publicly admit the problem like SA has.
I would consider this an under the table recall :-/ I also consider the Gen 4 RSA swap a recall, even though it did not require sending in the gun...

Glock's less than forthcoming approach to problems with their products (including their proclivity to blame the shooter or the ammo) is one of many reasons I am glad to have moved to other platforms.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Gee if recalls on something that means the it can never be trusted, I really hope you don't drive a GM vehicle, which has recalled 11.2 million vehicles so far this year.

But I'm willing to pay the shipping and FFL fees, PM for shipping information ;-)

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
150....final offer....lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a pre recall XDS .45 that was meticulously cleaned after every time fired. Less than 1000 rounds through it and never once had a single malfunction.

Honestly I want to keep the gun. I absolutely love it but everyone I've talked to said that they would never carry a firearm that has been recalled and I definitely agree with that sentiment even with my pistols perfect track record. I sent in for the recall but Springfield never sent me anything (even after I called). So now I just want to get whatever I can for it and buy a new one.

What is it worth?/should I ask for when I go to sell/trade it?

I really appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Who ever told you that is wrong. I have an early production Ruger LCP that was recalled. It's been flawless. I had a Walther PPK/S that was recalled. It's been flawless. Now I have my XDs that's been recalled and it's been flawless. I sent them in as instructed. They were fixed. I can, and do, carry all those guns.

What makes no sense is to carry a gun that's been recalled but never returned for the recall.

Fitch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts