Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I found someone selling 3 pistols for $900. The first was a Browning High Power 9mm, then a Springfield Armory XD9, and a Sig Sauer SP2022. All 3 are 9mm's. I figure at $300 each its a good deal anyways so I bought it. My buddy told me that the Browning is one of the most sought after gun. The other 2 aren't bad either. Anyone know what these would be worth or opinions on the 3? :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ive never seen any of them in gold

·
Registered
130 Posts
You did strike gold! I sold my Belgium Browning HP very mint for $800 a few months ago. About to buy a XDm 3.8 9mm Compact to replace it.

I would venture a guess that your $900 garnered just under $2000 in handguns

·
Registered
608 Posts
Assuming they are in good condition

·
Registered
261 Posts
If they are in serviceable condition then that's a good deal, if worn and abused then not so good of a deal. Do you have pictures? Out of all the 9 millie's out there the Hi Power is my favorite, of course they have been in production for quite some time so there are a bunch out there and some are not as nice as other's. I hope it turns out well.

·
Registered
29,742 Posts
Is it in actual Browning or FN High Power, or an Argentine (FM) or Hungarian (FEG) clone?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
A FEG "High Power" should not cost $300 IMO, should be cheaper. I owned one, had to de-horn it, refinished it & sold it. Not badmouthing it, it's a great design 100 years ago, but not something I would carry with all the other choices out there now, especially a knock-off. Trigger was horrible even after I removed the magazine/trigger group.

The "Sig" 2202 are easily found brand new & shipped for $389.

Obviously how abused they are is a big factor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Assuming they are in good condition and aren't stolen, you did well. I've never had a Browning High Power, but I do own and love my Sig SP2022. $300 used is not an amazing deal, but pretty fair.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Is it in actual Browning or FN High Power, or an Argentine (FM) or Hungarian (FEG) clone?
Exactly my thought, its a FEG most likely at that price? Those Sigs are cheap all around now. They never did sell well......until they dropped the price way down into the $300 range so now everyone can afford a "Sig".....still not a true "Sig" IMHO? Topheavy & crappy plastic trigger. Taurus 24/7 has a better trigger, & I hate the 24/7 :)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
As a long time owner and advocate of the FN Hi-Power...yes! If you got an FN made Hi-Power for 300 bucks...you did VERY well! They are very nice shooters...accurate and very well made guns. My favorite 9mm...no doubt about it.

I have shot the SIG 2022 and it too is a really nice shooting gun. A used one in good shape is totally worth 300 bucks, if you ask me.

Yeah...overall you did very well.

- brickboy240

1 - 15 of 15 Posts