Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member here and I appreciate all the good info here.

There is a local seller that has an XDM 9mm (black) available that he says is new and never been fired (except for the test round).

But the pistol appears to have some signs of use. For example, the barrel ramp is polished silver and is not black. Also, the upper part of the barrel that contacts the slide area looks like it has some surface wear from the slide action.

I have bought other semi-auto pistols new and the barrel ramps always have the same black finish that the barrel has until after several hundred rounds are put through.

The frame, slide, and magazines all appear pristine and new.

Do XDM barrel ramps come polished when new?

The extractor hook on the slide appears sharp with no wear.

Are there some other things that I can look at that will indicate if this pistol is new or used?

Thanks,
Axle

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
well i can only speak of my regular xd

it does come with a polished feed ramp, which is a good thing,

and second the barrel on the xds tend to scratch easily and most if not all come scratched on the top from test firing and hand cycleing

i would say its new

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi I am a new member here and I appreciate all the good info here.
There is a local seller that has an XDM 9mm (black) available that he says is new and never been fired (except for the test round).
But the pistol appears to have some signs of use. For example, the barrel ramp is polished silver and is not black. Also, the upper part of the barrel that contacts the slide area looks like it has some surface wear from the slide action.
I have bought other semi-auto pistols new and the barrel ramps always have the same black finish that the barrel has until after several hundred rounds are put through.
The frame, slide, and magazines all appear pristine and new.
Do XDM barrel ramps come polished when new?
The extractor hook on the slide appears sharp with no wear.
Are there some other things that I can look at that will indicate if this pistol is new or used?Thanks,Axle
If the seller is not an FFL you should be paying a price that matches a
USED Gun anyway ;)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
If the seller is not an FFL you should be paying a price that matches a
USED Gun anyway ;)
good point... i missed that part

·
Registered
17 Posts
As recent as the intro of the XDM in 9mm is I would be hard pressed to imagine one already in shops used. Hell its hard to find new ones in the shops in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The ones I looked at were factory test fired a few rounds and it showed about like you described. The outer part of the barrel end will show considerable thin finish wear if fired alot .

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
The ones I looked at were factory test fired a few rounds and it showed about like you described. The outer part of the barrel end will show considerable thin finish wear if fired alot .
Agree! The top of the chamber that you see while looking at the top of the slide will show signs of wear quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts