Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bit the bullet so to speak and ordered an AR from CMMG set up the way I want it. The problem is {besides the 3-5 week lead time} is due to the fact that CMMG does not take AMEX, I had to put it on the good old MasterCard. Problem with that is my AMEX comes to me and I pay the bill: the MC comes to us and the wife pays the bill. I know I am going to get a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot from her over this.:rolleyes:

Having said that, I have to admit that the wife is usually pretty laid back about things like this....her rule is as long as it does not change her standard of living, it usually is okay. BUT over the last few months, I have been on a "cutback on spending" kick. Not ridiculous, but just said we need to watch the unneeded expenditures and cutback on some of the junk. And now I buy this....woof!:shock:

So now what? Do I use some goofball excuse as in "With the election, if I don't buy it now, I may never be able to"? or just throw myself on the mercy of the court and listed to her grumping {Justified I have to admit}? Any great excuses that you guys can come up with will be greatly appreciated. Just remember that I need to be alive to enjoy the AR....

Woof
Bowser

PS: A pic fromt the CMMG website....

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Ah man, I feel your pain. Let's see if we can act smart and fun here and possibly turn your potentially very bad situation into a very good situation! He he he, we all love a good plan.

Teach her how to shoot your new family addition? Who knows, maybe she secretly wants to do and enjoy what you do? Women. Take her out and let her shoot your new AR.

Maybe you can tell her you ARE cutting back. Every household in the USA should have at least one AR-15. Consider it required furniture like the sofa, bed, tub or sink.

No more expensive than that other uncessary stuff either. Get her filling out the kit you will need with the AR. Soon she will be asking you out to the range again.

Anyway, just some thoughts here. Give it a try. Let her pay the bill. Explain it. You have a Constitutional need to own a rifle. Good luck. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah man, I feel your pain. Let's see if we can act smart and fun here and possibly turn your potentially very bad situation into a very good situation! He he he, we all love a good plan.
:)
I agree I did the same thing now she shoots it more than I do.So now I need to get another one, so yea for me. Good luck and i am sure she will understand

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'll simplify it for you.

Single: No, Not fatal.

Married: Yes!!!

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Jut wait til she finds out how much it costs to feed that AR. They are always hungry!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
By all means take her out shooting with it. I would not be surprised that she likes it and will want to "play" with it as much as you.

AR's are pretty accurate and the recoil is very nice so lots of girls can get the joy of making good shots and not be bothered by an oppressive kick.

Now, if feeding it gets to be a bit expensive you may have to spring a reloading kit on her and for that I have no good ideas... :twisted:

Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was doing an open house listing to Rush on the ipod. I started thinking what if Barry gets elected with the help of his non partisan supporters ACORN. I went to Sportsmans Wearhouse and started toying with the idea. I sent my wife a text (that way there is no emotion in volved and I said I was thinking of getting another gun) she replied back whatever you want to do is fine. So, I bought a DPMS AP4 just doing my part to help the economy.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
just tell here that its nothing compared to the accessories you will be buying. like Optics, new stock, tons of Pmags flip up battle sights FF rails. ammo ammo and more ammo rail covers, flash lights, laser sights, and just when you think got it just right you will need to start on another build.

yes BRD can be fatal or at the very least lead to divorce.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I was doing an open house listing to Rush on the ipod. I started thinking what if Barry gets elected with the help of his non partisan supporters ACORN. I went to Sportsmans Wearhouse and started toying with the idea. I sent my wife a text (that way there is no emotion in volved and I said I was thinking of getting another gun) she replied back whatever you want to do is fine. So, I bought a DPMS AP4 just doing my part to help the economy.
Nice! My wife just bought me a new rifle last weekend. Got a steal of a deal on it from Gander Mountain actually, as strange as that sounds. $150 OTD for a Savage 93R17-FSS, nothing crazy special. However first time my wife has ever bought me anything gun related. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the ideas....maybe one will save me yet:shock:. The wife is a shooter also...not near as much as she used to, but she will go out with me and shoot her .380 and the .22's with no problem. The problem is that she just does not understand the "NEED" for another weapon.... But then I don't understand the need for another Coach Purse either....

I really think I would not have a problem if I had not been harping on cutting cost....talk about the old "foot in mouth disease".

I do like the one about everything goes with black..... Any other ideas to keep me from sharing the Bowser Howser when she gets this bill?

Woof
Bowser

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just tell here that its nothing compared to the accessories you will be buying. like Optics, new stock, tons of Pmags flip up battle sights FF rails. ammo ammo and more ammo rail covers, flash lights, laser sights, and just when you think got it just right you will need to start on another build.

yes BRD can be fatal or at the very least lead to divorce.

And this is supposed to help keep me alive????? I was trying to keep this part of it quiet for a while...although she did catch me on the EO Tech website.....:mrgreen:

Guys, I want to live long enough to give the thing a good workout...

Woof
Bowser

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Just tell her that black goes well with everything. Pretty soon she'll get over it and start picking out curtains to match your handguards.
LMAO!! I love it!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I asked my wife to think about it as SHTF insurance. Remember, you bought it to protect her! ;)

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
well i would rationalize it as a investment in your long term safety, and piece of mind.

its not a comsumable that can get used up (with out putting tens of thousands of dollars of ammo down the pipe), so it wont loose all or even most of its value, it will likely increase in value.

I am not married but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do, if you wait then you might not get one for years to decades. That might be the functional end of your life, as if your gonna run out and buy one at 70 years old.

you can always sell it private in a post ban situation and recoup money if need be, in a post ban scenario she would flip her lid if they started going for $3,000 and you bought one.

tell her your SAVING money. You gotta spend money to make money, geez honey thats one of the first things they teach you in business school.

good stuff, i have been looking hard at a CMMG for months now, i wish someone locally carried LWRC (they make piston upper units) so i could test fire one.

Either way i think i might order 2 stripped CMMG recievers for $118 shipped from AIM and that way i will be covered.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I asked my wife to think about it as SHTF insurance. Remember, you bought it to protect her! ;)
LOL that's awesome!!! Now that's progressive thinking...if you have kids even more of a reason!!!! BTW I think BRD is definitely fatal..........to your wallet!!!!:shock:

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Why don't you tell her before the bill arrives? Explain that with the election it's very hard to get these things, and in a moment of weakness, before you could consult her, you bought it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
First off..... Please take your pants back from your wife and put them back on..........:rolleyes: :oops: :| ;)

Easy now... Please note the smilies above.

Then take her out to shoot the AR and explain how VALUABLE this weapon is.

Pay the card off!

Great choice on the AR! Please continue to support my state! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts