Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In terms of wearability and rust/sratch resistance?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
nope
just a standard blue
still scratches if not careful, but not as liable to rust

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Armory Kote is most definitely NOT standard blue.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
armory kote is not just a blue. it is similar to the KG gunkote i believe.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Tennifer is a metal treatment, not a surface finish. The finish can be worn down to "bare metal' on a Glock slide, it still won't rust. I believe there is a similar metal treatment available in the US, but someone else will have to tell you the name of it, I don't know.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
Tennifer is a metal treatment, not a surface finish. The finish can be worn down to "bare metal' on a Glock slide, it still won't rust. I believe there is a similar metal treatment available in the US, but someone else will have to tell you the name of it, I don't know.
I so wish people would quit calling tennifer a frickin finish. It is getting as annoying as people refering to hi capacity clips

·
Registered
150 Posts
I so wish people would quit calling tennifer a frickin finish. It is getting as annoying as people refering to hi capacity clips
:lol:

Do we still have a thread listing the different "finishes" and descriptions of such? I have to admit I don't really know which is which...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe it's been two months... maybe 3... since I had my XD Armory Koted...
Overkill, how did you go about getting your gun "Armory Koted?"

I already have a couple scratches and some minor wear on my slide, after only about 450 rounds.

Does Springfield do this under warranty and, if so, do you have to have a specific reason to be sending it back in?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
97cr250 said:
:lol:

Do we still have a thread listing the different "finishes" and descriptions of such? I have to admit I don't really know which is which...
prolly not, but it is a growing pet peeve none the less

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Had mine done under warranty but I had some rust issues, to make a long story short I had my XDSC for about 3 months and noticed some rust issues some I rubbed it down with #oooo steel wool and ran cold blue over it and then I had heard from all to knowledgable people that Springfield would take care of it and they sure did in about 10 days I got her back in Armory Kote and it only cost $8.00 for S/h

1 - 11 of 11 Posts