Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into having D.M. Bullard make me a holster for my XD45 compact, namely the Bodyguard. I want to use a OWB, but since I'm in Florida, that can present itself to obvious issues of concealment so I'm trying to find a high ride, low profile and decent cant OWB holster and this seems as if it may fit the bill.

So is anyone using this holster and if so, can you give me your opinion on the craftsmanship, tooling, and of course ease of concealment. And being a fat-body myself, I'd like to hear from the big boys out there. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have one for my XDM 45 and also for my S&W .38. Good quality leather, no tooling on mine, fits extremely well to the gun. Bought a belt also which is very nice.

I am not a big body ( 5.8 and 170 lbs) but it fits close just behind my hip and is comfortable.

Stitching is nice but check for loose ends, I had a couple, mostly on the back and sealed them with superglue and no problems with unraveling.

Customer service was excellent and I heartily recommend them, nice people.

I think you made a good choice

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one for my XDM 45 and also for my S&W .38. Good quality leather, no tooling on mine, fits extremely well to the gun. Bought a belt also which is very nice.

I am not a big body ( 5.8 and 170 lbs) but it fits close just behind my hip and is comfortable.

Stitching is nice but check for loose ends, I had a couple, mostly on the back and sealed them with superglue and no problems with unraveling.

Customer service was excellent and I heartily recommend them, nice people.

I think you made a good choice

Glad to hear all this! What about concealment? Not sure about N.M., but here in Florida we cannot OC.

What leather did you get? I'm thinking of splurging a bit and getting an exotic leather, either the Hornback Alligator, Nile Crock, or Tiger Shark in black. :twisted:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi, my holsters were stock items, regular saddle brown leather - I like it a lot . NM is OC state so I dont CC but I tried the XDM today under a shirt and it does print around the handle when I bent over. When upright it didn't seem to show.

I use my holster mostly when at the range - or playing around the house.

I was thinking of exotic but I couldn't wait!!!!!

Might get a duty type holster later but ....."I kinda like wot I got"

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts