Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Thats classified information;)

I originally posted it but then thought about it.
Its not smart to post the number becuase some one could use it to order supplies.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ajamesp51 said:
Thats classified information;)

I originally posted it but then thought about it.
Its not smart to post the number becuase some one could use it to order supplies.
I only question his response because having that many NRA Instructor certifications is not only rare, but would have been insanely expensive. There is also no NRA discipline simply called "police firearms". I'm not saying that he is lying, but it does cast doubt in my mind.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
102 Posts
NRA Rifle and Home Firearms Safety. Also a certified Range Safety Officer.

FBI certified (at the FBI Academy, Quantico, VA.) for Police Handgun, Rifle and Shotgun.

As for the NRA training, the course has to be conducted by an NRA certified Training Counselor, who is certified in that discipline. We have one in our club who is certified in everything except blackpowder and reloading.

The courses are usually about three days long and the cost will depend on the counselor and the overhead, such as where the class will be held, etc. There are costs involved and you can figure on a minimum of about $25 just for the training materials, such as books, binders, etc. The classes I've attended were all in the $75 range.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
therooster said:
so... what do you do after you get certified? now you can teach classes for money? or is it just a personal certification?
Some folks do it for personal satisfaction and to gain knowledge and experience. Most do it so they can instruct classes and make some extra cash.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most of the instructors I know became instructors because they wanted to pass on good information to others and to contribute to our sport. There are a few who do it for the money, but they certainly aren't getting rich at it.

It's very satisfying to be able to take someone who has some interest and make them a better shooter, and especially a safer shooter. The NRA emphasis is on safety first, then shooting skills. Any time you can make someone a safer shooter, that's a plus in anybody's book.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I think I have only charged one time, I lend the course work and copied the test etc and give a class more to spread safe shooting habits the only difference is that you dont get a patch and certificate. Most of thime I provide ammo as well.
Now depending on your state like FL or NV I think they can charge and make money becuase the NRA pistol course counts as training for CCL. I would do it for fun either way, remember spread the sport.

You can be an NRA police firearms instructor but is limited to LEO. Heres more info
http://www.nrahq.org/law/index.asp

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Pistol, Personal Protection, Home Firearms Safety, Reloading and Range Safety Officer. It's not that expensive at our club, I got two Certs for less than $100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts