Springfield XD Forum banner

Is anybody good at Photoshop...

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  retired 
#1 ·
I'm trying to see a XD40 Service model with the following color frame...

See less See more
#4 ·
Maybe it's not going to look as good as I thought after all. As for my XD... I don't have any pictures yet. I know, I've had it for a week and still haven't taken any.

#8 ·
:?

Thanks everyone for getting on this so quick. I thought it would look mean (like I said earlier) on the XD... but it might be too bright. maybe if it were darker. I appreciate all of your help guys.

#10 ·

I don't use Photoshop.. I use PSP.. but I think this is the look that you are searching for..

I don't know how you could change the polymer finish in real time.. but on PSP it is easy.

It does look cool!!!

Raymond

#13 ·
DNM said:
ray, can we have it a little darker???
No.. I mean yes, I can do it, but it almost comes down to a pixel by pixel change.. and I have to make dinner tonight.. it's my day off and If I don't make dinner, I am going to get into trouble.

In PSP (Paint Shop Pro) The "retouch tool" (Looks like a hand on your tool bar) Click the "Color to Target" tab and you will be able to click on a color that is close to what you want. You can't pick the exact color, or even shade, because the "retouch tool" seeks only to change the color while maintaining all the textures in the original image. So darkening it is not possible without going into it on a pixel level.. sorry..

Some of the photo-editing guru's around here may know different.. but that is as much as I know.

But.. just for fun.. here is one that I made that I think every board member should own..

Raymond

#22 ·
Looks like a toy IMO and femine looking. But, if that is the look you are shooting for, go for it. :wink:

I want the one with the cell phone in the grip myself. It would be so convenient. Just have to be careful when putting it up to the ear to hear so you point it in the right direction. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.