Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think it would be better to buy the gun for $430 and buy the holster and extra mags elsewhere or would you just get it that way?

·
Registered
463 Posts
not really since that would be more expensive.

The holster is $30
The 12 round Extended mag with the sleeve is somwhere near the $40 to $50 range and is Not available for sale anywhere yet to my knowledge
The standard 9 round mag is around $20.

Even if you decided the Holster was junk and only bought the two magazines you'd be over $480. Not to mention that you can't get ahold of the 12 round mags with extension sleeve for the Subs outside of buying that package yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the store said that they wont go any cheaper because this package is so rare.

I am going to try their sister store(and not tell them) before i go back on saturday(when they get them in) and buy it.

The sister store is quite a bit bigger and they will only give me a REAL-low price if i am ready to buy. But the clerk today said "somewhere" near $480.

I think this is a really nice weapon and all but i would love to get it for around $450, so that out the door it is just under $500.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
419.99 at mcsports in Bloomington
399.99 for XDSC-9mm with XD package

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I'd look around. I paid $430 out the door for the exact same package. You can find them at gun shows for usually $400.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I paid $439 for that package a few weeks ago. But I had to call like 30 shops to find it, I found two shops that had it and the other was over $100 more.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the promotion package with mag/holster was a January 05 promotion. Any that are left you're lucky to find and they are getting more and more rare by the day. By the posts of others it sounds like some areas have an abundance of these packages left while other areas, like mine in central Georgia, seem to have none. I had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get the package that I did buy and would have had to drive 3 hours for the other package that I found for over $100 more.

I guess it really depends on your area and whats available. I felt really lucky to find the XD.40SC package for 439.

·
Registered
50 Posts
gunnewb said:
I had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get the package that I did buy and would have had to drive 3 hours for the other package that I found for over $100 more.
Doesn't the long drive negate the price advantage? Hehe, sorry to gripe on your dedication to the XD. Rock on!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well thats good, i will try and get them to give it to me for $450 cash, ill let you guys know on Saturday night how it went. Ill have pics too! 8)

·
Registered
36 Posts
We still have some in my friend's shop, I just didnt want one. I dont like that uncomfortable pinch your side when you sit down holster. Go to pull the gun and the holster comes off your pants. But hey, it looks cool.

I know we have one 5" .45 GAP, and a OD Green XD40 and XD9.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts