Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, They are saying that Iran is now VERY close to a working nuke. And they have been launching medium range missles (1200 mile) from both silos, cruisers and reportedly subs. AND they have soviet cruise missiles.

Any need to worry?

Any thought about what to pack "extra" into the survival pack to deal with rad poisoning?

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
So, They are saying that Iran is now VERY close to a working nuke. And they have been launching medium range missles (1200 mile) from both silos, cruisers and reportedly subs. AND they have soviet cruise missiles.

Any need to worry?

Any thought about what to pack "extra" into the survival pack to deal with rad poisoning?
Iodine tablets will help prevent uptake of radioactive iodine by the thyroid gland.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

Any need to worry?

Just because it may be possible does not mean it is. You are more apt to get nuked by an American sub than an Iranian one. The government wants a crisis like that.

As far as surviving you will need potassium iodate.

Trust me. The Iranians pose little threat to us unless facilitated by our own government.

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Might be best just to kick back and not worry about things over which we have no control. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Remember, this old planet has already absorbed over 1500 nuke explosions and....we are still here. HB of CJ (old coot)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just because it may be possible does not mean it is. You are more apt to get nuked by an American sub than an Iranian one. The government wants a crisis like that.

Trust me. The Iranians pose little threat to us unless facilitated by our own government.
Agreed

·
Registered
19,690 Posts
The problem with Iran is the country is run by a lunatic that genuinely wants to bring about the the "End Times".

That said, I should be pretty safe here. Its the East Coast (specifically those living around NYC or DC) that should be the most worried. I have my doubts they'd risk being found out by sneaking it inland.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

And that comment is supposed to make me less worried! I'm digg'n the bunker, starting tonight!

;)

·
Banned
38,922 Posts

I can't say it any better.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The problem with Iran is the country is run by a lunatic that genuinely wants to bring about the the "End Times".

That said, I should be pretty safe here. Its the East Coast (specifically those living around NYC or DC) that should be the most worried. I have my doubts they'd risk being found out by sneaking it inland.
And ours isn't?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I think if we (US or international community) attacks Iran then yes they will respond to it with nukes. Plus China and Russia have their back. Not what I want to see happen!

·
Registered
17,695 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Israel poised to call for tougher sanctions against Iran | World news | guardian.co.uk

The Israeli's are ready. I doubt that it is a bluff. They look all in.

By they way folks, I disagree that we would provoke them into nuclear warfare. This goes back to when they attacked our embassy in Tehran. They could care less about us or in reality anyone else.

From a moral perspective, they are not a government of the people like most Western Countries but more like the West during the Inquisition. If they have a weapon, the threat to the US is less about a ballistic missile launched against us but rather providing mobile nuclear weapons in ships or vehicles and parking them next to a US city. The only notice that we'll get is a mushroom cloud, a argument in Congress about the administration in power, and a bunch of dead Americans. As a former soldier, there is little good about war. With the right deterrence, we could have save Americans at Pearl Harbor and the Philippines in 1941-1942. Read the book "The Pacific War 1941-1945" by John Costello.

It is a very good book on the historical perspective in the Pacific. His "After Action" chapters are eye openers. We knew a lot from intelligence, Japanese Convoys at Sea, Japanese Recon Planes over Clark Field that we weren't allowed to shoot down, *** Consulates burning files and destroying code books immediately before Pearl Harbor,and a lot of gross incompetence by American Leaders both elected and in the military. The parallels are similar today. Burying your head and not taking action is very similar to the US in November and December in 1941.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Israel poised to call for tougher sanctions against Iran | World news | guardian.co.uk

By they way folks, I disagree that we would provoke them into nuclear warfare. This goes back to when they attacked our embassy in Tehran. They could care less about us or in reality anyone else.

From a moral perspective, they are not a government of the people like most Western Countries but more like the West during the Inquisition. If they have a weapon, the threat to the US is less about a ballistic missile launched against us but rather providing mobile nuclear weapons in ships or vehicles and parking them next to a US city. The only notice that we'll get is a mushroom cloud, a argument in Congress about the administration in power, and a bunch of dead Americans. As a former soldier, there is little good about war. With the right deterrence, we could have save Americans at Pearl Harbor and the Philippines in 1941-1942. Read the book "The Pacific War 1941-1945" by John Costello.

It is a very good book on the historical perspective in the Pacific. His "After Action" chapters are eye openers. We knew a lot from intelligence, Japanese Convoys at Sea, Japanese Recon Planes over Clark Field that we weren't allowed to shoot down, *** Consulates burning files and destroying code books immediately before Pearl Harbor,and a lot of gross incompetence by American Leaders both elected and in the military. The parallels are similar today. Burying your head and not taking action is very similar to the US in November and December in 1941.

Agreed. I think those who dis-regard Iran as a danger don't understand the nature of the beast. Either they are Ronpaul zombies or they are very un-informed.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Agreed. I think those who dis-regard Iran as a danger don't understand the nature of the beast. Either they are Ronpaul zombies or they are very un-informed.
I couldn't agree more. The Ron Paul mistresses seem to also start threads about how the Smurfs are the reason you can't find you keys in the morning.

I doubt Iran would attack directly, though. I tend to believe they would provide the training and material for someone else to carry out any action just so they can have plausible deniability.

·
Registered
17,695 Posts

Funny...but there was a memo released over a year before Pearl Harbor that had 8 bullet points that forced Japanese aggression in the Pacific
The McCollum memo contained an eight-part plan to counter rising Japanese power over East Asia:
A. Make an arrangement with Britain for the use of British bases in the Pacific, particularly Singapore
B. Make an arrangement with Holland for the use of base facilities and acquisition of supplies in the Dutch East Indies
C. Give all possible aid to the Chinese government of Chiang-Kai-Shek
D. Send a division of long range heavy cruisers to the Orient, Philippines, or Singapore
E. Send two divisions of submarines to the Orient
F. Keep the main strength of the U.S. fleet now in the Pacific[,] in the vicinity of the Hawaiian Islands
G. Insist that the Dutch refuse to grant Japanese demands for undue economic concessions, particularly oil
H. Completely embargo all U.S. trade with Japan, in collaboration with a similar embargo imposed by the British Empire

Funny...when you STOP trusting your government and start looking...things are kinda unnerving! Day of Deceit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I couldn't agree more. The Ron Paul mistresses seem to also start threads about how the Smurfs are the reason you can't find you keys in the morning.

I doubt Iran would attack directly, though. I tend to believe they would provide the training and material for someone else to carry out any action just so they can have plausible deniability.
Would you be willing to risk yourself, your city, your loved ones lives on the gamble they WOULDN'T figure out a way to make a US city go byebye....everyone that has nukes uses them as a deterrent (they hit us...we hit them...we ALL die)...IRAN's leadership said they WOULD USE THEM...(they hit us..we hit them...because they WANNA die...if they fight and kill and are killed by the infidel..their place in heaven is GUARANTEED)

·
Premium Member
21,759 Posts
Well lets blow them away then!!!!! Lets do it!!!!! Why are we waiting if they are a threat. Give Israel the green light and lets good!!!!!

Either F them up or walk away.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well lets blow them away then!!!!! Lets do it!!!!! Why are we waiting if they are a threat. Give Israel the green light and lets good!!!!!

Either F them up or walk away.

I'm pretty much up for that. They don't understand anything but devastating force (death). Ron Paul wants to "be their friend", they despise that for it is a sign of weakness.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts