Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IPSC Production rules states a min. 5lbs. trigger pull on the first shot, or in the XD's case every shot. Springfield lists the stock XD trigger at 5.5-7.7lbs.

Is it possible to have a trigger-job done on an XD, shortening overtravel and reset, but at the same time remain within the 5lbs. limit for Production?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok... Sent them an email. I've got an XD9 Tactical lying on hold in the US pending an export licence from State Dept. So thought I'd use the opportunity to get some custom-work done on it ;)

Other tips are welcome too :)

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I haven't been to a match where they are measuring the weight of the trigger pull. I would get a weight that is best for you and run with it. If you want to just reduce the travel and reset, that is cool. I say go down to 3# and be happy. :D

My XD is also enRich'd.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I'd go with the over travel and reset mod and stick with the 5lb trigger. You'll be shooting real IPSC, not USPSA rules, and they are real picky about the rules. No since taking the chance and get DQ'd after spending a bunch of money traveling to another country to shoot. Check the IPSC web site, there is a new rule book coming out in January that may have a change in the Production Gun list as well as removing some currently allowed modifications.
Happy Shooting!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts