Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am just getting my XD 5 in Tactical 9mm read to be sent out. Just seeing what everyone though on the set up and that its good for both IPSC (ESP Divison) and IDPA (will be my off/on events but not main) ready.

- 2.5-3 Trigger pull set up.

- Dawson or Warren Adj Target Back with .100 or .125 Fiber Front. (What do you guys like better?)

- Extended Magazine Release.

- Extended Slide Release.

What else do I need guys? Still on the fence about what holster to get!

Thanks for any help/info!

·
Registered
353 Posts
How fast/competitive are you so far?

I am looking at gun games similar to how I look at racing my car. The human mod is the best mod dollar for dollar.

If you are already fairly good and come out on top or near the top of most of your competitions, then time to the mod the gun.. if you are still midpack to bottom, time to work on you more than the gun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been shooting for a long time. Competiton drills for about a year and I am set to go to a few events this year and hit next hard. I shoot 80% in the B's area. Have gone to a few classes and at my CCW had top all A's scores.

·
Registered
353 Posts
cool. so time to mod the gun.

When I lightened my trigger the first couple of rounds were crap for me. Trigger was soo light compared I was throwing a shot way out.

Only thing I would suggest is a comp tac holster if you dont already have one.

Out of our usual 30+ shooters I am always in the top 10 and normally about top 5 so I am eager to get out there and shoot at other clubs to see how I fair. I will finally do a classifier in 13 days. Should be interesting. I am going to hope I get put in a fun category. I do IDPA..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am going to a classifier this month. Yeah I got two ranges close that do both IPSC and IDPA each month so pumped to hit them up.

I have the 4-5 lb on the trigger right now. It should take a bit to get it but thats all in the range time.

Does the .100 front work or just do the .125 front? Its just the thickness of it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Most of the Master class shooters around us have black rear sights and a large front.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a XD9 tactical set up for IPSC/Steel which I sent out to Springer I got:
Barsto Match Barrel, extended mag release, competition trigger (3lb), dawson adjustable sights (.125 FO front, target rear) and grip stippling. The grips are great when you are out and sweating, the tall front sight takes a little to get used to but is very easy to acquire. Great weapon, I run it in a Bladetech DOH holster.

For IDPA I use either a stock XDM9, or a stock XD9 4" service model which I am about to send out to Springer for non adjustable Dawson sights (FO front, target rear), carry trigger and a clean up job. I run them either in a Bladetech SRB belt holster or a Comptac Paddle Holster.

The .125 front sight is very easy to acquire quick out of a draw and to acquire different targets on the move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts