Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a web link for the http://www.invisibleholster.com/ and was wondering if anyone here had seen one or tried one out with their XD9. I just picked up my Bi-Tone service this afternoon (hitting the range this Sunday!!:)) and was starting to look around for a good, comfortable IWB holster for it.

The Invisible Holster looks pretty cool and seems like it would be comfortable and concealable. Plus the fact that I can get 10% off for being a Firefighter/EMT makes it even more attractive as an option.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
gddyup said:
I saw a web link for the http://www.invisibleholster.com/ and was wondering if anyone here had seen one or tried one out with their XD9. I just picked up my Bi-Tone service this afternoon (hitting the range this Sunday!!:)) and was starting to look around for a good, comfortable IWB holster for it.

The Invisible Holster looks pretty cool and seems like it would be comfortable and concealable. Plus the fact that I can get 10% off for being a Firefighter/EMT makes it even more attractive as an option.

Thoughts?
This is what I use to CCW my XD service. It works great for me; it's easy to move around and sit down with it on, and concealment is top notch. Reholstering is not a one-handed affair, however. This seems to be a love it or hate it product, so I'd recommend trying it out first if possible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you kidding? Sorry, but beauty really does lie with the beholder. I thought they looked absolutely ridiculous!! They also seem to ride too low to retrieve your weapon...unless a person is actually going to be walking around with their pants unbuttoned and open. The pocket for the gun also looks to be very ill placed and may be extremely uncomfortable when sitting. I would keep looking for your IWB choice, there are MUCH, MUCH better choices out there and BETTER prices too.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Nik, who has one, says it is easy move around and sit down with, so not knowing anything about the product, I'd have to go with that since that would be a testimonial.

As far as looks, who cares? First of all no one is going to see it (or they shouldn't). Second, as long as it does the job and provides easy comfortable wear and easy retrieval, it does the job it was designed for.

I believe I may try it, especially with the 60 day free money back guarantee. Right now I carry my XDSC in an IWB holster. Living in Ca. it's a 10 rounder as the mag. But, since I'm also retired le and was able to buy my Beretta92f with 2 15 round mags (they wouldn't let me keep the 3rd :evil:), I could actually carry that and have 31 vs 21 rounds available. (I have a le ccw). I'm more accurate with the 92f after 15yrs.

Thanks for posting this gddyup.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Senegat, if you had read it correctly you would have realized they showed that picture to show what it looked liked on the body. In the earlier picture with the pants closed, you can't see the holster. I read practically every link on that sight about the product and a got a better understanding of it I guess than you did.

Since you are a noob to guns as you stated in your thread re cleaning and what's a patch, you might want to do a little more research first.
Now, I have never heard of this holster until this thread, but it sounds interesting I think. I like comfort! Of course, it must have the ability to let me draw the weapon fast and safely. Again, that's what the return policy is about I believe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
retired said:
Senegat, if you had read it correctly you would have realized they showed that picture to show what it looked liked on the body. In the earlier picture with the pants closed, you can't see the holster. I read practically every link on that sight about the product and a got a better understanding of it I guess than you did.
Since you are a noob to guns as you stated in your thread re cleaning and what's a patch, you might want to do a little more research first.
What exactly am I misunderstanding about the product? It goes over your jock under your pants. I said it looks like you have to take down your pants to pull the gun out. How is that wrong? If your wasteband was so loose that you could pull the gun out without unbuttoning your pants, then presumably your pants wouldn't stay up. And how does their showing the pic to show what it looks like on the body refute any of that? I never said you could see the holster when the pants are closed.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You don't have to pull your pants down to draw. I can draw one handed if necessary, although it helps to use your other hand to pull out your waist band. I bought it because it was fairly cheap, and unlike most IWB holsters does not look like you have a colostomy bag when you're wearing a t-shirt. I'm 5'6 155 lbs., so I can't conceal my pistol in any rolls of flesh.

As far as them looking ridiculous, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to cut up some BDUs and sew them onto the holster so you look properly "tactical". Or maybe some carbon fiber. That will keep the Chairborne Rangers at the range from laughing at you. Although guys like me will smile a little on the inside when we see you.

I actually don't use it much since I bought a little P3AT. It's just so much easier to put that in my front pocket when I'm headed out.

·
Registered
595 Posts
:idea: It sort of gives a matter of fact answer to give to the age old question when the lady looks at you in wonder and asks....."Is that a pistol in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?" :lol:

(Gosh, how'd she know?) :roll:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I own one of these holsters. And it works well, it's not the greatest looking but it is comfortable, it holds a spare mag. I have cut the bands down a little and I notice that breifs tend to wear better than boxers while useing this holster. Lately I have been wearing the holster on my backside and I like it a little better escipicially when I am on my motorcycle. I carry the 4" service model in it while my Father likes to carry his millenium in his.

I have a hard time seeing any printing when I let people wear mine and ceck it out for their Glocks ( I am the only XD owner in my circle of shooting buddies)

this should be taken with a grain of salt...But...

I've been told that there is a certain security detail that have taken these holsters up to conceal their weapons while jogging and running with their client...

besides if you buy it and don't like you are only out 50 bucks. You could sell it for a little less or hold onto it till you find a gun that you like to carry in it. there is a money back guarentee.........

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the information guys. I haven't decided yet what type of holster I am going to get, but this one is till quite high in the running for me. I'll have to compare the pricing and comfort info of other IWBs to this one and see which way would be the best for me to go.

I'll have to head out to Kittery sometime soon and try a couple of holsters up there to see what feels best...

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Senegat, I will repeat part of what I said. I looked at most of the links on the site. Maybe I should have said most of the "forums," not links. They had numerous pictures of people carrying it with their pants closed. They also had one of the big guy at the gun show in shorts in a side by side with another guy. In one, you can't see anything. In the other he is drawing his weapon from his obviously secreted holster. His pants are not open. That is what I meant.

Since I'm retired, I had the time to look at pretty much everything on the site (lol). If you had, you would have noted that it wasn't necessary to open your pants to withdraw the weapon. Are we on the same page now, I hope.

Tho it may sound it, I really didn't mean it derivisely, I just meant being the noobie you stated you were, I was suggesting you do further research. In most cases you can answer your own question. Take care.

·
Registered
16 Posts
xd4life said:
this should be taken with a grain of salt...But...

I've been told that there is a certain security detail that have taken these holsters up to conceal their weapons while jogging and running with their client...
I assume you are speaking of the Secret Service of which I am a retired veteran.

It is possible things have changed since I was on protective detail, but I have never seen nor heard of this kind of product being used.

As I believe I mentioned in a previous thread, we had some very elaborate custom made rigs that enabled us to carry everything from the smallest handgun to smallish carbines with complete concealment yet with easy and very fast access.

I never jogged with a protectee, but I know the guys that did just wore sweat suits, which on a hot day were quite uncomfortable but afforded the same level of concealment that a suit did.

Best,
Taj

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Jogging, or even walking, with one of these on is a huge pain in the testicles. At least for me. I'm not sure if I either have giant cojones or they're hung a little further forward, but having my XD bouncing around in my crotch proves painful really quickly. I carried concealed in "Thunderwear" (Same or similar product) for my first 2 weeks here at work, and every trip across the warehouse resulted in what can only be described as a blue-balls-like feeling. And no, it's not because of the people working in the warehouse.

I can not imaging jogging or running in one of these for any extended amount of time.

I wouldn't really recommend this particular type of holster... Since I bought my 7 dollar uncle Mike's IWB holster, I use that a lot more often. In fact, I think the last time I used my Thunderwear was right before I got the Uncle Mike's.

Pass on it! Or if you'd like, you can borrow mine. Though it ain't to clean.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Or if you'd like, you can borrow mine. Though it ain't to clean.
LOL...You could (should) have a good time posting that on Ebay. Have an explicit description of your usage and put a surcharge for having it shipped washed as opposed to unwashed.

:)

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[TASF said:
Overkill]Jogging, or even walking, with one of these on is a huge pain in the testicles. At least for me. I'm not sure if I either have giant cojones or they're hung a little further forward, but having my XD bouncing around in my crotch proves painful really quickly. I carried concealed in "Thunderwear" (Same or similar product) for my first 2 weeks here at work, and every trip across the warehouse resulted in what can only be described as a blue-balls-like feeling. And no, it's not because of the people working in the warehouse.
Never thought of that. I would imagine that my XD slapping me in the crotch all day probably would not be all that comfortable...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts