• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you invert the flag as a symbol of national distress if Obama gets in?

There is a growing movement out there to do this..

Sadly, 75% of America would not know what it means.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I think flying it half staff may be in order, expressing our sarrow for the US...

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may hang a gadsden flag (don't tread on me) in place of my American flag.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I won't fly the flag upside down....regardless of who wins I am still an American. I may remove it for a period of time but not fly it upside down.

I like the Gadsen flag idea.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Sadly, 75% of America would not know what it means.
I think it's a little too passe and like you said many wouldn't even understand what it meant.

I remember Rage Against the Machine hanging a flag upside down on their amp stack when they played SNL when George Bush was in office, so to many it'd probably be just an anti-establishment thing to do.

I'd burn pictures of Obama on a pole though if I thought'd help.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
I won't fly the flag upside down....regardless of who wins I am still an American. I may remove it for a period of time but not fly it upside down.
+1. And if the majority votes for Obama, I guess we're just screwed for a bit. That is not an excuse to start acting like the Dixie Chicks though. He will still be our leader whether we like it or not, and flying the flag upside down will not change anything.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1. And if the majority votes for Obama, I guess we're just screwed for a bit. That is not an excuse to start acting like the Dixie Chicks though. He will still be our leader whether we like it or not, and flying the flag upside down will not change anything.
our leader...via fraud.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Why is the US Flag diplayed Upside Down?

The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the right reasons. To the contrary, here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:
THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal.
As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Poor taste

If we lose, we lose. Suck it up and move on.

Adults are supposed to realize that we don't always get our way and everyone and everything doesn't have to agree with us. It's called freedom and those who gave their lives for the flag deserve better.

A big part of what they gave thier lives for was for the right to have an opposing view, however much that may suck to us. Our job will be to change minds.

As part of that freedom, you can fly your flag upside down but
regardless of what may be official and your right, I would consider it a huge sign of disrespect to all Americans, those that fought and those who didn't.

My 2 cents -like it or not

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Flying the Gadsden flag is an open invitation to a BATFE gang-raping. They'll break into your house, bludgeon you senseless, rape your wife and kids, and then fabricate evidence and invent charges of moonshine running, tobacco distribution, or "militia membership" which is their code-term for "someone we don't like so let's pretend he was selling full autos."

And whenever the BATFE's involved, judges will consider you guilty until proven innocent -- so guilty, in fact, that you don't really need legal counsel or a jury -- just a gang-raping.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flying the Gadsden flag is an open invitation to a BATFE gang-raping. They'll break into your house, bludgeon you senseless, rape your wife and kids, and then fabricate evidence and invent charges of moonshine running, tobacco distribution, or "militia membership" which is their code-term for "someone we don't like so let's pretend he was selling full autos."
sad, ain't it?

DEFENDERS OF THE CONSTITUTION NOW CONSIDERED TO BE TERRORISTS

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts

I like the Gadsen flag idea.

I agree

I will not disrespect our flag (flying it upside down because of and election is not a good reason) some Marxist asshole got elected because ............nevermind

my have to get the gadsden flag

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has lost family and had many family members serve their country. Hanging the flag upside down would be an insult to all that served and died for their country. If we as a group want to protest then we should find someway to get a candidate that can support and run the country properly.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Why do some of you insist that flying the American Flag upside down is disrespectful to anyone? It's not disrespect. It is a sign of extreme distress... and if Obama wins... we will certainly be in extreme distress!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts