Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if i belive the company is called laser max is going to ever make or already has an internal laser sight that replaces recoil rod and spring i know they have one for the service and tac models but i want one for my sub compact

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn that sucks i guess all i can do is keep my fingers crosses that somday they will come out with one

·
Registered
885 Posts
I asked a rep from LaserMax that same question when I was at the NRA show earlier this year.

He said the LaserMax for the XD subby should be out later this year (August/September, I think). He had a prototype to show me with him at his booth. It was pretty sweet.

Beware...they are pricey ($300~$400), and there is a plastic piece on one end (battery cover) that can wear, and cause your XD slide to jam. Do a search on this site using the word "lasermax" and you should be able to find a thread that discusses this malfunction. The thread was from a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
brandon said:
does anyone know if i belive the company is called laser max is going to ever make or already has an internal laser sight that replaces recoil rod and spring i know they have one for the service and tac models but i want one for my sub compact

I talked YESTERDAY" with Doug @ Lasermax. The sub compact lasers are going into mass production at the end of the month. Find a dealer and order one because they are coming soon. The sooner you get yours on order the faster you will have one.

And don't forget to NOT pay retail. Paying retail for ANYTHING is insane. You should be able to find these for UNDER to Around $300 MAX if you have an honest dealer that can purchase direct from Lasermax.

that was one helluva run on sentence brandon you should try breaking them up because it makes them easier to read glad I could help i am exited about the lasermax laser too see you guys later :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for everyones input. i am gonna go tommorow to preorder one from my local gunshop. sorry for the runon sentece i was in a hurry :D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
To a point I agree with you. I do think the laser would be pretty great in the subby though for some usefull purposes. They do have some training value IMHO. You can really see where you are aiming and in many cases what you are doing wrong when learning to shoot.
They can sometimes diffuse a situation before it actually occurs. I know most people will say that you should NEVER point a gun unless ready to shoot/kill...and I agree..but if a laser pointed at someone gets the point across and I DONT have to kill them that would be even better.

Just like the gun itself there are times when a laser will be appropriate and times when it wont.

I am purchasing one of the Lasermax units for my gun but I am already a decent shot and have Mepro night sights as well.
I just REALLY like the idea of having a completely internal laser on this gun.
On the other hand $300+ could buy a lot of ammo for training.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts