Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.

I wanted to share my quick story from the range today. I found it to be funny sad and interesting all at the same time.

Since i got into guns everyone has always said you need to get a sig.. They are amazing and everyone should own one.

Today at lunch 2 work colleges and myself went to the range.

They had their sig 229 some 2k series and my XDsc all in 40S&W.

We all took turns shooting from 5 yards all the way to 25 yards shooting 9 to 10 rounds each.

I found i shot better with my XD then i did with the 2 sig's. I also found that the 2 guys i went shooting with had better groupings with the XD over there own guns with longer barrels.

i can say for sure i am not at all impressed with the SIG what so ever anymore and the guys who i went shooting with one bough the xd40sc before we left the range the other guy is thinking about getting a compact.

Not to say a sig is a bad gun but they were fairly die hard sig fans and one walked out with a XD the other is thinking about getting a xdm.

I am glad i stuck with my XD's and i don't think i will own any other MFG of pistol at this point "outside of the 22's" since i have not been impressed with anything else out there.

SA has a customer for life.

Thanks

·
Registered
942 Posts
Cool story. I have no experience with sigs and probably never will unless some one i know has one. I really like XD's and regret selling mine.
Now HK pistols are a different story, i will take an HK over an xd anyday of the week.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Sig makes fine weapons. (so does Glock, S&W, Ruger, etc etc etc) Some guns just feel right in the hand, point true and make holes where you want them. It's all about fitting the gun to the person and the person to the gun. When you find that fit, it's like a little magic spark.

That's why I pity "fan boys", they are stuck with what they bought and may never find that magic... a true shame.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some people just shoot better with certain guns. I will admit I love my xdm3.8-9mm. I wouldn't turn down a good deal on a 229 any day though.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
All my sigs are tack drivers. But XDs and glocks shoot well also. I have found more people to have trouble with the XD trigger than sigs and glocks. Not experienced shooters but people new to firearms. As to feel its not just that i think glock doesnt feel as good as an XD in my hand but i shoot a glock just as well.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Wel what ever you shoot best is what you should own. I tried Glocks and XDs at the range before I bought the XDm.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm the same way. I just don't shoot Sigs well. The backstrap isn't comfortable for me because I have really long hands, and the slide stop pokes me every time the pistol recoils. Quite unpleasant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a Glock 19, Springfield XDm sub and have a SIG P229 on the way. I shoot the Glock better than the XDm, and the SIG better than the Glock. Its pretty much all with what you are comfortable with. I carried a SIG while I was deployed and had to have one. I'm giving the XDm a chance though. I keep going back to the range and shooting more, its getting better little by little...just can't seem to get used to the trigger on the XDm. Its all in my head I think!! But I agree, the XDm is a sweet little gun, hope I get used to it!!

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Changing to hogue rubber grips makes a big difference in metal framed guns. They dont look as good but they feel better than any other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts