Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to the range today and took 3 pistols with me. Sig P226 DAK, XDm 3.8 and the GF's Glock 19. I shot the Sig and Glock well but shot lights out with the Springfield.
My first pistol when I got back into it years ago was an XDm and I love the grip and angle.
I'm almost considering selling my 2 Sigs and getting a few more XDm's. I will keep my SP-01 and Shield but I would love to have another full size Springfield and maybe a subcompact.
Worth considering? Thoughts?
I will add that I love my Sigs and they have been 100% reliable but instead of going from DAK to DA/SA to striker might be solved by having one platform for carry.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
the best pistol is the one you shoot the best...mainly because you will practice with it and become more proficient...

Several years ago, I sold several Heckler and Koch handguns to purchase my XD lime...people at the range made wisecracks--until I started shooting better groups and scoring better in IDPA Matches ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Own 2 Sig's and 2 XD's among many others. I quit long ago the idea of one "platform". I just love to shoot and collect. Love em all!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Own 2 Sig's and 2 XD's among many others. I quit long ago the idea of one "platform". I just love to shoot and collect. Love em all!
I just sold my last 2 Sigs on Saturday. The only hammer fired I have left is my CZ - SP01 and that won't be going anywhere.
I have carried hammer and striker alternating between the two but lately, I have just wanted to go to one single type of carry weapon.
As I've always said, to each his/her own.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I've been thinking about picking up a G19 just because....

Reactions: joatmon

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I had a gaggle of Glocks at one time. Nothing wrong with them at all.
I've just never been a great shot with one... but then again i've never owned one to give it a go. Shot a few different friends glocks in the past and couldn't hit with them at all. Only made my love for the XD and 1911s even more strong.

Reactions: joatmon

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just never been a great shot with one... but then again i've never owned one to give it a go. Shot a few different friends glocks in the past and couldn't hit with them at all. Only made my love for the XD and 1911s even more strong.
I started with Springfield but I know what you mean. I am by far best with a XD/XDm but I love just about every pistol out there and I've had a crapload over the years. 1911's are very nice too and I've had Springfield, S&W and Sig 1911's.
Glocks are easy maintenance, accurate (for me) and they work. Throw them around, doesn't matter. BANG. I bought a 23 one time that was a guys truck gun. He stored it under his seat and it rolled around, got beat up, etc. Fired and it was filthy when I did.
I personally will never treat any weapon like that but it was his.
Still have a passion for Springfield though and I own no Glocks anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also tried few non XD(M) semi-auto pistols, CZ, Glocks, Smiths, Rugers, Taurus, Para, somethign else can't even remember now and couple revolvers, in my search for "the one" and always kept coming back for my XDM 5.25, with PRP trigger kit and blade-tech holster it just makes me a better, faster, more accurate shooter. Love it so much that i've got 4.5" model couple days ago to build limited(or maybe open) gun from it.
I also have XD sub-compact for home defense, looks great, shoots great, very solid built.
So by far, XDM is "the one" for me for sure, for this year I am probably not training with anything else but my XDMs. Will of-cause keep trying other pistols occasionally but I do not have high hopes for them to replace my main training platform.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also tried few non XD(M) semi-auto pistols, CZ, Glocks, Smiths, Rugers, Taurus, Para, somethign else can't even remember now and couple revolvers, in my search for "the one" and always kept coming back for my XDM 5.25, with PRP trigger kit and blade-tech holster it just makes me a better, faster, more accurate shooter. Love it so much that i've got 4.5" model couple days ago to build limited(or maybe open) gun from it.
I also have XD sub-compact for home defense, looks great, shoots great, very solid built.
So by far, XDM is "the one" for me for sure, for this year I am probably not training with anything else but my XDMs. Will of-cause keep trying other pistols occasionally but I do not have high hopes for them to replace my main training platform.
I hear ya. I have a thing for CZ's also and that's one of my better platforms too.
I just got tired of mentally preparing myself for what I was carrying. Does it have a safety? Is it DA/SA? DAK? Striker fired? Hammer back and safety on?
Now, just striker although I do have the one CZ.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I hear ya. I have a thing for CZ's also and that's one of my better platforms too.
I just got tired of mentally preparing myself for what I was carrying. Does it have a safety? Is it DA/SA? DAK? Striker fired? Hammer back and safety on?
CZ is another favorite. Mine are the CZ 75B and the SP01 Phantom along with 3 clones by IWI, EAA and Canik 55.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
That is where training comes in. If you train enough with a firearm it's manner of operation and handling become second hand. There should be no need to "prepare one self" if proficient in that particular firearm. I like to shoot many different guns, just in case I have to in an emergency. Struck me like lightning one time at the range a few years back, had a soldier shooting next to me who asked to fire my .44 magnum revolver. He had no idea as to handling of revolvers, never been taught to him. I gave him a basic intro to it and he was quite happy to have the knowledge as he was deploying soon. Considering some places the US has been sending troops, a bit of training in revolvers could be a very useful and a life saver. How many here have never handled a revolver? Do you know how to safely and properly handle it? If you train properly with all platforms you will be proficient in all in a time of need.

·
Registered
467 Posts
That is where training comes in. If you train enough with a firearm it's manner of operation and handling become second hand. There should be no need to "prepare one self" if proficient in that particular firearm. I like to shoot many different guns, just in case I have to in an emergency. Struck me like lightning one time at the range a few years back, had a soldier shooting next to me who asked to fire my .44 magnum revolver. He had no idea as to handling of revolvers, never been taught to him. I gave him a basic intro to it and he was quite happy to have the knowledge as he was deploying soon. Considering some places the US has been sending troops, a bit of training in revolvers could be a very useful and a life saver. How many here have never handled a revolver? Do you know how to safely and properly handle it? If you train properly with all platforms you will be proficient in all in a time of need.
I carried a revolver as a LEO from 79-82 in Albany, Georgia. Still have the one I carried along with a few more. You speak the truth!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts