Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the same company that is producing the Palm Pistol.

The Palm Pistol

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I am missing the part where it said frangible? or even a "semi-frangible pointed lead ball"

The Tri-Cor™ is a patent pending triple-projectile .38 special standard load cartridge containing three stacked conical projectiles which at close range deliver a 158 grain payload that reliably separates and tumbles upon entering tissue.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Get ready for the"it won't penetrate the 12" minimum" posts that are sure to follow. And , of course, the "energy transfer is meaningless" opinion etal. .
Agreed.

However, I fail to see the point of this round when there are proven JHP's out there (in regular and +p). By dividing into three separate pieces I assume it is supposed to create a bigger (and multiple) wound channel(s). I also assume that out of a rifled barrel there will be a larger spread and thus you can't miss. However, each piece is going to have less mass than a single .38 round, and thus less momentum for deep penetration.

Again, hydrostatic shock/energy transfer vs penetration.

Frangible was bad verbiage on my part.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
hydrostatic shock/energy transfer is a myth.

.38 special is the lowest of the service pistol calibers with very few HPs meeting protocol.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Get ready for the"it won't penetrate the 12" minimum" posts that are sure to follow. And , of course, the "energy transfer is meaningless" opinion etal. .
Here we go.

If the marks at the bottom of the bare gel block were set at 1" intervals, this round achieved just 7" of penetration.

I would not use this round myself, nor would I recommend this round to anyone.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Yep and that was bare gel.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Agreed.

However, I fail to see the point of this round when there are proven JHP's out there (in regular and +p). By dividing into three separate pieces I assume it is supposed to create a bigger (and multiple) wound channel(s). I also assume that out of a rifled barrel there will be a larger spread and thus you can't miss. However, each piece is going to have less mass than a single .38 round, and thus less momentum for deep penetration.

Again, hydrostatic shock/energy transfer vs penetration.

Frangible was bad verbiage on my part.
The barrel it was fired from in that video is rifled. Smoothbore pistols were outlawed a loooong time ago. the three seperate projerctiles are full diameter and all spin.

The only thing I see something like that being good for is vermin work at moderate ranges. Critters 25# max. Anything more and I would not use it on it......

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
actually, shock is your ONLY chance of a pistol helping you in time. So you'd better find and use loads that maximize it, and 158 gr lhp's AINT the way to go. Blood loss and loss of organ function ALWAYS take 5-10 seconds or more to incapacitate a man. That is 5-10x longer than it takes him to shoot or stab or club you 4x. The FBI protocols are bs for civilians. A 3" long knife blade can reach your heart. A 2" long blade can reach your lung.

people with a LOT more combat experience than anyone has today (Fairbairn and Sykes) designed their Commando dagger to have a 7" blade, saying that such a length allowed for piercing the very thick Nazi greatcoat, and allowed for bad angles, incomplete thrusts, web-harnesses, etc being in the way of the thrust to the vitals. So the 12" of penetration standard is just bs. 7" will reach your near side lung, even if the bullet does hit your arm first., and 10" will reach your heart if the bullet centers your arm first. Arm first hits are not commonplace, either.
"Hydrostatic Shock" is a myth, and I defy you to bring up anything that hasn't been utterly debunked to back up your statement, Billee-Boy.

Hypovolemic shock--that is, exsanguination or bleed out--is the only reliable mechanism short of a CNS hit.

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
I can easily demonstrate that shock DOES exist in men. I can just kick you in the testicles, and no vital organ will be damaged, no blood lost, so why are you lying on the ground, helpless, when "shock doesn't exist", hmmmm? Also, each 00 buck pellet hits like a .380 ball rd, so WHY is a blast of 000 buckshot (8 .36" OD pellets) MUCH more likely to stop a man than 8 rds of 380, hmm? same damage and blood loss, same number of holes, same diameter of projectile. The answer is that the near simultaneous impacts of the buck pellets create a LOT more shock than the 1.5 second spread out of the 380 pellets.

I've seen guys take a nut shot and fight right through it. Not a reliable mechanism for incapacitaion.

More twaddle from you, Billee.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Pistol rounds aren't good for shock they aren't fast enough.
Also why are you comparing knives and bullets? 7in is not enough because if it hits bone or heavy clothing or muscle your screwed. The human body isn't bare geleton.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Pistol rounds aren't good for shock they aren't fast enough.
Also why are you comparing knives and bullets? 7in is not enough because if it hits bone or heavy clothing or muscle your screwed. The human body isn't bare geleton.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
Add in--that 7" is pretty useless if it hits a blocking arm first...kinda hard to hit vital organs that way, eh?

Only an utter moron would think bullets are any different...

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
actually, shock is your ONLY chance of a pistol helping you in time. So you'd better find and use loads that maximize it, and 158 gr lhp's AINT the way to go. Blood loss and loss of organ function ALWAYS take 5-10 seconds or more to incapacitate a man. That is 5-10x longer than it takes him to shoot or stab or club you 4x. The FBI protocols are bs for civilians. A 3" long knife blade can reach your heart. A 2" long blade can reach your lung.

people with a LOT more combat experience than anyone has today (Fairbairn and Sykes) designed their Commando dagger to have a 7" blade, saying that such a length allowed for piercing the very thick Nazi greatcoat, and allowed for bad angles, incomplete thrusts, web-harnesses, etc being in the way of the thrust to the vitals. So the 12" of penetration standard is just bs. 7" will reach your near side lung, even if the bullet does hit your arm first., and 10" will reach your heart if the bullet centers your arm first. Arm first hits are not commonplace, either.
Are you flippin serious?
people with a LOT more combat experience than anyone has today

I know you haven't any experience, or even know anyone that has been in the military for the past 10 years.

Run along and go to airsoftcanada forums, you will fit in lots better over there kiddo....

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
$30 for 6? and I thought my Corbon Pow-R-balls were over priced:rolleyes:

at $5 per pull of the trigger, it better have miniature rabid badgers inside ready to claw their way out of the target.:shock:

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
$30 for 6? and I thought my Corbon Pow-R-balls were over priced:rolleyes:

at $5 per pull of the trigger, it better have miniature rabid badgers inside ready to claw their way out of the target.:shock:
And they'd better be guaranteed 100% insane with rabies.

As well as having a shark mouth hand painted on every bullet.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Constitution arms is in a nearby town in new jersey, where hollowpoints are legal if not possessed during a crime, but generally frowned upon by the haters and ignorants. Thus offering an alternative makes good marketing sense.

Not a lawyer not legal advice :)

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
A much better choice for that area would be expanding full metal jacket at least that kinda meets fbi protocol when fired at bare gel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.