Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i shot another 500 rounds apiece through my XD-9 and Sig P229/9mm..I honestly cant say which one is my favorite gun.....but i can say with conviction that these two guns i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER trade/sell.....

that XD-9 is one tight, solid gun....and the 229 is like driving a Mercedez:D...the best trade i ever made was my 8 year old Glock 17 for the XD-9...cant say enough good things about it

but, i was at the range and the guy next to me was shooting his smith/wesson 686. He shot about 18 rounds through it when i heard the range master talking to him...

i stepped over there to investigate and he had one of those Smiths with an internal lock on it, and the hammer was locked in single action...they damn near had to pry the internals lose to get the hammer lowered on it....pretty scary seeing that there was a live round in the chamber set to go off:confused:

the range master was telling us that he has seen this a few times with these internal locks......my next wheelgun was going to be a smith.....but looks like i might be taking a look at Rugers:confused:

there was also the guy there from last week shooting his $$$$$$$ HK MP-5...just seeing one of those in action makes me smile:D

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the deal with that internal lock????

why did Smith start putting those on???? ive been out of the revolver "loop" for a while and dont know much about them..

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I think Smith was putting them on because the pussed out and caved in to one of the gun control groups (probably the Brady Bunch). There's no good reason for it to be on there, really...so you can safely assume S&W didn't just throw it on there for ****s and giggles.

It's just like the keyed locks on semi-autos, uses a key to lock the trigger/hammer from moving, so the gun ins inoperable until the lock is opened. It's probably a bigger problem on the lightweight magnums, since the recoil can damage it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts