Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
As I have stated in other post on this wonderful site, do we all forget which party in recent history put in 2 major gun bans. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!
Regan and Bush Sr. So it doesn't really matter which party is in the White House. If people think that there would not be any bans with McCain in the White House they must be crazy. He is one of the most "Liberal" conservatives out there! Beside what is really the worst that could happen?

We might have to wait 10 days to buy a gun.
The assault rifles might get banned.
High capacity mags might get banned.

Can they take away our right to own and carry handguns? That would be very hard for them to do considering the recent D.C. case. Where the Supreme Court ruled in favor of handguns.

All I know for sure is that Bush has spent the last 8 years running this great country of ours into the ground. His approval rating is so low right now it's embarrassing. And it's fact that McCain voted with Bush over 90% of the time. So, with McCain we have another 4 yrs. of Bush?

Obama gives this country a chance at something it needs. Which is a fresh outlook. Could he make things worse? Yes he could! But, he will more then likely do some good. If he screws things up worse then they are now. Which would be pretty hard to do considering. Then we vote him out in 4 years.

Beside there are far too many other important issues on the table then gun control. Will some firearms be banned? Yes I believe so. Will we loose our right to bare arms? No not by a long shot. I just get tired of all the party bashing that goes on at this site. Both parties offer pluses and negatives. I'll get off my soap box now!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Beside there are far too many other important issues on the table then gun control. Will some firearms be banned? Yes I believe so. Will we loose our right to bare arms? No not by a long shot. I just get tired of all the party bashing that goes on at this site. Both parties offer pluses and negatives. I'll get off my soap box now!
And you are ok with this? Whatever makes you sleep good at night.:rolleyes:

Ever heard of incrementalism? You take a little here, nobody notices or cares. You take a little there and then a little more and nobody notices. Then you wake up and everything is gone. Just ask England. They'll tell you what happens when you don't fight for 100% of your rights.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
He is one of the most "Liberal" conservatives out there! Beside what is really the worst that could happen?
Use your imagination.

We might have to wait 10 days to buy a gun.
The assault rifles might get banned.
High capacity mags might get banned.
'High power' rifles might be banned because they could 'take down an airliner' and threaten police officers. i.e. sks, AKs, semi-auto hunting rifles, rifles that fire certain calibers (i.e. 7.62x39, .223, .308, .50 bmg, etc) because these are "military calibers".

Can they take away our right to own and carry handguns? That would be very hard for them to do considering the recent D.C. case. Where the Supreme Court ruled in favor of handguns.
True, but they can make it exceptionally hard to exercise that right.

All I know for sure is that Bush has spent the last 8 years running this great country of ours into the ground. His approval rating is so low right now it's embarrassing. And it's fact that McCain voted with Bush over 90% of the time. So, with McCain we have another 4 yrs. of Bush?
B. Obama might've voted more with Bush if he didn't vote present as much as he did. Sometimes you get what you pay for, if you know what I mean.
Obama gives this country a chance at something it needs.
Which is a fresh outlook. Could he make things worse? Yes he could! But, he will more then likely do some good. If he screws things up worse then they are now. Which would be pretty hard to do considering. Then we vote him out in 4 years.
Yes, but can you vote out his supreme court appointments. Can you vote out the legislation that crossed his desk and he signed into law? Can you vote out the budgets that he's signed and implemented?

Can you vote out the past and his effect on this country?

I'd like to think so, but it's much harder to change current law than it is to prevent a bill from becoming law.
Beside there are far too many other important issues on the table then gun control.
I agree, and sadly B. Obama doesn't seem to take a rational or rights friendly approach on most of the other issues.

I hope I'm wrong and he won't be that bad of a President, but he could replace in the minds of America Bush as being the worst President in American history.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I was really starting to read his post until he brought up the four years more of Bush. It's hilarious. It's liberal hog wash at it's finest. McCain is VERY different than Bush. McCain voted with Republicans over 90% of the time. However, anyone who understands how politics really work would know that nearly all of these votes, you vote with your party and the votes are meaningless. Obama had voted with his party something to the tune of 96%. So, I guess we could say that McCain is much more Bi-partisan by that, right?

·
Registered
215 Posts
She's 32 and already has 5 kids? damn.

No kidding

Anyway, I guess I am a dangerous person, then, according to the last sentence in the article.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts