Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it suggests - I have researched and looked into Area 5 - Central Ohio. Anyone out there from good 'ol CBUS and have some good contacts/info I can get started on? Thanks..

Derek

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
And here I was getting ready to put you in touch with the (U)United (S)States
(P)Postal (S)Service of (A)America. Can't get used to those acroyumns.

Ed

·
Registered
435 Posts
Derek,

I just saw your post on getting started in the sport. Just go and have a good, safe time. I just shot a 3 gun match today and had a great time. any more questions just ask. There is a lot of info out there about shooting in the sport. Good luck! 8)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Realistically - for USPSA, how many magazines do you need to shoot in the "stock gun" - I have 3. That do?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is probably best to have 5 magazines. I shot in a match today and one stage required 5 magazines, due to mandatory reloads.

ralst4

·
Registered
875 Posts
When I started out in the production division I only had 4 mags for my XD40. That got me by just fine but 6 would be more ideal. I did have two times this year where I lost a mag out of my pouches, or dropped one on a reload!! I wished like crazy that I would have had one extra mag in my back pocket!

I will tell you what i am using for equipment. This stuff is all pretty entry level, but it is cheap and I didn't want to spend a lot of money before knowing exactly what I would want.

* Bianchi Duty belt with Velcro $30
* Bianchi inner velcro belt $23
* Fobus belt holster $18
* Two Uncle Mikes Double mag pouches $32
* SA XD40 with 4 mags $360
* 4 ProMag XD mags $44

1 - 7 of 7 Posts