Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting one of these. Is there any websites that can help me on this particular gun? I'm not familiar with them at all. Can you make your own gun, kinda like a kit gun? All info and any info is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Browse the AK47 room....your bound to find plenty of useful info. What you said is similar to saying,

"I want a car....help me pick one"

There are TONS of variables:D

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
lol

i guess i'll follow up with some steering questions....

what is your price range?
what will be the main purpose of said Ak?
what is the most important feature/quality you are looking for?

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
You can buy kits, you can be reciever flats and every single part needed to assemble one. It just depends on the level of know-how you have. There are plenty of guys here that have built them and also plenty that have bought them:p

This is mine...Romanian, nothing fancy. Has tapco side folding stock.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol

i guess i'll follow up with some steering questions....

what is your price range? Anything really, don't need to have it NOW. So I can work on it through time.
what will be the main purpose of said Ak? Sporting, range etc.
what is the most important feature/quality you are looking for? I'm not familar with feature/qualities on these...
See above in BOLD. Thanks for the bump start tom.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are the styles that I like.

( I know its an airsoft gun, but the style with the under folding stock )

and the classic style

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
price range on an AK can go from 400-1200+

size, Short, Regular or long? (AKSU, AK, RPK?)

caliber? 5,45 or 7,62 and dont count out the Saiga's come in all differnt flavors.

stock? side folding, under folding, fixed?

ban features? no ban features ie threaded muzzle, bayo lug, high cap mags, pistol grips.

going on your information with no price range or variying price range i would go with an Aresnal SLR 107 on the high end, or a WASR 10/63 on the lower end.

Aresnal=mid to high priced AK, some minor issues (nothing aresnal cant/wont fix under warrinty) very high quality.

Century WASR 10/63. low priced AK, same issues as the Aresnal minus maybe finish problems + mag wobble (on some). no idea about the century Warrinty. fit/finish meh.

good luck! do a search of the AK board on here lots of good info!

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Take a look at the Arsenal brand made here in the USA.

I myself took the cheapest one I could find that was configured the way I like, all wood (WASR).

Things to look for or not.

Mag Dimple- prevents mag wobble. Mine does not have dimple but little wobble either, depends on the mag

Bayonet lug-not sure if you want a bayo or not, mine does not have one.

Caliber-There are at least three that I know of, 7.62x39 being the most common.

Furniture-Composite or wood, plenty of aftermarket to help you here.

Like tom says, lot of threads here to get you started and maybe even help you pick one.

Good luck, here is mine...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
You will need to save your pennies and live in a state that alllows ownership of NFA items.

There are less than a 100 in the NFA registry, so you're looking at about $14,000 after all is said and done.

If you meant to say "I'm looking for a Kalashnikov type sporting rifle", then what everyone else has told you is fine.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
/\ Not for sale in Md :( ( does that mean I cannot get one at all? Or is that model different from the ones that I can get here in Md? )

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just recently got one of these (see link below). Thing was just full of old cosmoline grease. I cleaned it up real well, including removing the firing pin and extractor from the bolt. Anyway, got it all cleaned up and lubed up with my Weaponshield CLP and it tested great at the range. Has threaded muzzle and break, bayonet lug and bayonet, couple 30rd mags etc. See below:

AIM Romanian GP WASR-10/63 7.62x39 Rifle Romanian GP WASR-10/63 7.62x39 Rifle
Nice to hear about this. Just ordered mine last night from them. Should be shipping today or tomorrow!

My first AK.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
/\ now why is that one not allowed to be in Maryland, is it the 30rd clip? And can I change the stock If I wanted to? ( to the under folding one )

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts