Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the slides interchangeable on XDs? That is, would an XD40 'upper' fit on an XD45 'lower'? Seems like, if so, one could conceivably buy a bunch of extra slides/barrels/spring assemblys to fit their XD frame and interchange them at will.

·
Registered
98 Posts
even iof they were interchangable I dont know who you would "conceivably" buy the slides from. Springfield dosnt sell slides by themselves. one reason for that being that the Frame, barrel and slide all bear the same serial number.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
They should fit and I don't know why you couln't buy one from SA. I bought an extra slide from Glock a few years ago. Yes they were different numbers, but who cares?

ranburr

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree that they should be interchangeable but Springfield does not sell them seperate. When I shipped my slide to them a few weeks ago and asked them what to value it at for shipping I was told to value it at the price of the gun because they currently don't sell them seperate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's a good question: Is it possible to mount a 4" slide/barrel/spring on an SC frame? It'd end up looking kind of like the Sig P245; regular length barrel, short handle for better concealability. Wouldn't that be more easily concealed IWB at about 4-5 o'clock? Would SA ever put a production version out? Or am I blowing hot air?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Althought the prospect of substituting between service or tactical model parts from .40's or .45's seem possible, i doubt the service slide, barrel & spring would fit on the SC frame. I've noticed that the SC frames have the teardown lever shaped differently and seated higher on the reciever than the service or tac models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
XD45er said:
Are the slides interchangeable on XDs? That is, would an XD40 'upper' fit on an XD45 'lower'? Seems like, if so, one could conceivably buy a bunch of extra slides/barrels/spring assemblys to fit their XD frame and interchange them at will.
------------------ You don't have to buy the whole slide to shoot another cal. Just buy an after market barrel like the 357Sig or 9MM. that is if you have the ----40.cal XD. The 40cal magazine works great for 357Sig but you would need 9MM mags

·
Registered
17 Posts
XD45er said:
Yeah, but I'm asking because I have the .45, not the .40. :)
-------------------Yes, You and I have the same problem I've got the XD Tactical 45 GAP. but I have all 3 barrels in my Glock 35 Tactical although I'm going to have to buy some adjustable sight as each bbl shoots at different point of Aim. The 40 shoots dead on, The 357 Sig shoots 3" lower and the 9MM shoots in between the 357Sig and the 40.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts