Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I followed the instructions on the Wilderness website. Based on that I need, now don't laugh, a 42". I'm a bigger guy 5'8" and 225. I typically wear 38/40 pants. All 4 of the other belts I own (dress and casual, no carry) they are all 40".

Should I go with a 40, 41 or 42? I really hate buying stuff without seeing it first. I have searched the forum and seen where others commenting on how they followed the instructions and it was too big. BTW, this will initially only be for OWB, but I would eventually like to carry IWB. I do not have my concealed carry in NY yet. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Order it large, mine was a bit small when I got it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
That is very common issue when ordering a gun-belt. Ideally, if you measured correctly, the measurement you got should be around 2" to 4" larger than your "pants size." Belt size should always be larger because it measures not only your waist, but also the added width from a pair of pants, plus a shirt or two if you have them tucked in. From the measurement you gave, I'd say you are right on...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I'll go with the 42" then. Just placed my order, so have to see what it's like when in finally arrives. Got the black one to start. If they are as good everyone says they are, I'll probably end up with at least one more. Should go good with my Don Hume OT that's on it's way.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Yea, that sounds about right. I wear a 38 belt and made a mistake in ordering one of the gun belts that I have. The instructions were a tad off and I ended up getting a 38 belt rather than a 40, so I have to order another good quality gun belt. I'm thinking of one of the crossbreed belts, since their holsters are pretty good I'm thinking their belts might follow suit. In the interim, I have a 511 belt that is a 40-42 size and it works fine, just not as sturdy as a solid gun belt. Then again, I only paid like $18 for it so I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Guess I'll go with the 42" then. Just placed my order, so have to see what it's like when in finally arrives. Got the black one to start. If they are as good everyone says they are, I'll probably end up with at least one more. Should go good with my Don Hume OT that's on it's way.
Let us know how it fits...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let us know how it fits...
Got my belt today from Wilderness. Seems to fit really well. Without a holster I have about an inch and a half to tighten it more. With an OWB holster I have about 2 inches or a little more. Plenty of room to wear with an IWB holster. I could have gotten away with a 41, but the 42 fits just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts