Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums and found the original sights can be very difficult to get off the XD. My question is how hard are they to put back on?

My XD45CP has SureSights that the original owner had Springfield install. I'm still getting used to the gun and would prefer to put the original sights back on so I don't to adjust to the gun and an unconventional sighting system at the same time. I have the original SA sights. Should a local gunsmith (Gander Mountain) be able to put the original sights on or is this something I should let Springfield handle?

I'll keep the SureSights for use in the future, or maybe see if they'll fit my SA 1911A1 or P226.

·
Registered
324 Posts
On a local forum they were complaining that some orders for sure sights were 6 to 8 months behind, and a ? about when they were to ship, you may a very rare set of sights. I was actually waiting for the tritinium version to be release, not holding my breath now.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Or if your handy you could just do it yourself.

If you dont feel comfortable the local gunsmith can do it no problem.

As for the Suresights ......You can send those to me.:p

J

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Instead of putting on the stock sights back on, wouldn't you be interested in a set of night sights?
Maybe a set of Trijicons or Meprolights?

I would think you would want to get a gunsmith to do it.
But if your only local gunsmith is Gander then perhaps you should send your slide to a real gunsmith.
Perhaps SA or one of the forum sponsors..

I wouldn't buy a gun from Gander.
And I certainly wouldn't let them work on one of my guns.:roll:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I don't need night sights so I think I'll stick with the originals unless putting them back on is as tough as I hear removing them is. I suppose a competent gunsmith should be able to fit them in any case.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I just had my sights changed this weekend because I do need low light sights for CCW purposes. I actually took my pistol to a gunsmith because they are so difficult to remove.

Anyway, he told me that should I decide to reinstall the original sights to sell the gun in the future, it would be just as difficult to reinstall them as it was to remove them.

For what it's worth...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts