Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the kit for my dad's LC9 and should have it by the end of the week. I watched a few Youtube videos last night and looks pretty straight forward. Does anybody with experience with this kit have any advice/pointers you think I should know prior to dis-assembly?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I installed everything in the frame last night......just wanted to say thanks for all the input guys! :lol:

I must say though, Not very impressed with the results. It made the pull a little lighter and it is shorter but not by much. Definitely not worth a $100 IMO.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I have an LC9 never fired new in the box. I wouldn't mind selling it but with the new one out there I can't imagine there is a big desire. Glad you got the mod done ok.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an LC9 never fired new in the box. I wouldn't mind selling it but with the new one out there I can't imagine there is a big desire. Glad you got the mod done ok.
Yeah I definitely think the new striker fired version will kill the original. I know there is no way I would buy the hammer version.

I was really hoping the Galloway kit was going to be the answer. $100 for what you get seemed pretty high to begin with and after seeing the results, it's WAY over priced.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Yep. I just handled the striker one this week. That ended my chances of selling mine.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
You know, I just got the LC9 out of the safe and for a brand new never fired relatively cheap gun, the trigger is actually very smooth. Loooooong? Yes. But it is at least smooth.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, I just got the LC9 out of the safe and for a brand new never fired relatively cheap gun, the trigger is actually very smooth. Loooooong? Yes. But it is at least smooth.
I agree, it isn't too bad for a DA trigger. I'm just not a fan of DA triggers.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I fondled and dry fired the striker LC9 and was very impressed. VERY impressed.

The trigger had a short takeup and a very clean break at around 5lbs. If I wasn't such a fan of my XDs I'd consider getting one myself.

And yes, it will kill the DA version.

Reactions: Ryno785
1 - 8 of 8 Posts