Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Nordic Comp but can't get the ported side to be on top. What's the trick? Is there somewhere where I can loosen the barrel and twist it to bring the ports to the top?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I'm installing a Nordic Comp but can't get the ported side to be on top. What's the trick? Is there somewhere where I can loosen the barrel and twist it to bring the ports to the top?
I don't have much knowlege of the Nordic comps because they're pretty new, but I can tell you trying to twist the barrel to bring the ports topside is a very bad idea.

I'm assuming if they thread on like any other comp/flashider, you'll need to use a crush or peel washer to get it aligned, or a very thin timing nut.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came with a peel washer. How do I remove a layer? You can't even tell that it has layers.

Also, you said the Nordic comps are pretty new. What have you heard about them?

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Screw on an "indexing nut" before you put the comp on. Allign the comp. Tighten the nut up against the comp. Got a link to Nordic? I did a Google and nothing came up.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Also, you said the Nordic comps are pretty new. What have you heard about them?
I've heard a few guys using them on 22's that like them pretty good. That's about all.

Sorry but I doubt I can help you more with indexing the comp. That's pretty basic. You probably have a crush washer if it's sort of concave. The comp will tighten up against it and will flatten out as it indexes.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found their website, Nordic Components - Contract machining of precision machined aluminum parts

I knew this particular comp was new. I was told that they do mainly .22 comps. But this one was designed specifically for a .223.

I wasn't able to find this comp on any of the websites either. I have a buddy that I think knows the owner. He picked up quite a few of them and gave me one. It's made out of 416 stainless steel. I used a lighter to delaminate the washer and got the comp to line up perfectly. I then used Blue Loctite to secure it.

I'll get to try it out Sunday. I let you guys know what I think. It'll be compared to what I had on before, a Smith Vortex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts