Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought Xtreme grips for my XD .40 and I put them on today. If anyone is on the fence about getting these, they appear to be well worth the $19. Shipping was extremely fast and the quality is very good. I cleaned the gun and had them installed within 15 minutes. I'm going to the range Saturday to try it out but just from holding it and dry firing I am very impressed with the feel. My only concerns are it appears that the backstrap piece is not designed for the small backstrap because it wants to overlap the other pieces on the sides of the handle. I made it work but it doesn't look perfect. Also the back piece isn't contoured with the grooves of the backstrap, it has round holes in it instead which I found kind of strange but I'm sure they are like that for a reason. Also the slide pieces hung over the top of the slide a millimeter or so, which made it start folding down away from the slide as I used the slide a couple times. I took scissors and cut it down a bit. I'm hoping that will stop the peeling away.

Anyway, for the most part, the Xtreme grip is worth buying, hopefully it'll last a good long time.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like them and they are easy to use. I only put the front piece on mine, none on the backstrap. You can customize how much you want to put on each gun depending on the grip. PRP gets them to you fast.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen... lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
HUGE +1 for extreme grips! The XDm's grip is a bit too aggressive for my liking so I thought a rubberized grip decal insert like extreme grip would be perfect. I ordered one of the first available sets for the XDm3.8, have been carrying this gun, and also use it in tactical matches and the extreme grip is perfect. I just cleaned the grip with alcohol, let it dry, installed the extreme grip, let it sit over night with pressure on the grip and it's been stuck on as if it were factory installed.
Definitely a great $19 spent.

The only change I'd make is I wish the backstrap and mag extension decals fit in the grooves rather than atop the grip surface, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the rubber ones on my XDm 40 and they work great. I also just left the backstrap grip off in case I decided to change the backstrap later on and also because it looked tacky compared to the ruged look/fit of the rest of the system. All in all it was worth the $19 and the three day wait.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updating an old thread. I installed the sand on mine and I couldn't be happier. I'll get picts in the morning if I think about it. I definitely like the way the gun feels at the range now. Much more comfortable.

Tim

·
Registered
115 Posts
Put the rubber ones on a couple of nights ago. Using #2 backstrap and that was the only one that was somewhat tricky, but after thinking about it.....I tacked the decal in the center very lightly. Then took a heat gun and warmed it up until the decal started to lay down. Then I was able to get it to lay down almost exactly where it was supposed to go. Came out real good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Vary nice.
I may just have to order these for my XDm 3.8c

·
Registered
803 Posts
I recently took my sand grips off yesturday, they seemed to be peeling back on the corners, just placed an order for the rubber grips, the sand grips were also very hard to get in and out of my blackhawk inside pocket holster.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts