Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Nice looking grips!

BTW, how do you like that SOG SEAL Pup Elite knife? I've been thinking of getting one myself.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking grips!

BTW, how do you like that SOG SEAL Pup Elite knife? I've been thinking of getting one myself.
Thanks. It is a great little knife. I haven't been able to put it through any heavy usage yet. I picked it up mostly as a backpacking / hiking / camping knife but I haven't had time to go this year so right now it is mainly just a nightstand stand-by. It is the perfect size for what I plan on using it for but it is surprisingly light (not necessarily a bad thing). It almost looks too good to put to use but I don't believe in (or have any) safe queens so I expect to rough her up a bit before too long.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sexy! How do they feel?
Thanks. They feel great. My wife tried it out and said "Those things are rough... they are super grippy" to which my reply is "That's good because they are GRIPS!" hehe

But she is right... they are "grippy". I don't think they are too rough though. We'll see how they feel after each box of 100 rounds goes down range. I plan on this being an IDPA / USPSA piece and figured some nice textured grips would be good for running and gunning especially on hot days when your palms are slick and sweaty.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Thanks. It is a great little knife. I haven't been able to put it through any heavy usage yet. I picked it up mostly as a backpacking / hiking / camping knife but I haven't had time to go this year so right now it is mainly just a nightstand stand-by. It is the perfect size for what I plan on using it for but it is surprisingly light (not necessarily a bad thing). It almost looks too good to put to use but I don't believe in (or have any) safe queens so I expect to rough her up a bit before too long.
Thanks for the reply br0ck. I'm looking at that knife for exactly the purpose you described. I think I'll get it when I can scrounge up the cash :/

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Very nice! :)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Very nice, indeed!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Very nice! I will pay you 10,000 times what you paid for it to have it.

;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks great, just might want to get some myself.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
If they are too aggresive, you can lightly sand them down with 600 grit sandpaper.
Do a very little bit at a time, very slowly..;)

BTW, who made them?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Daddy like!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Good looking grips. Those are the same grips that come on the TRP Operator, right? I just ordered the TRP OP last week and the grips (in a small way) are part of why I like it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Man that's sweet. Makes me want a 1911 more and more

1 - 17 of 17 Posts