Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well installing the sight was at first PINTA,but broke out the Air hammer and took care of the stubborn stock sight.

Really any one trying this with just a hammer and punch will take forever....

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
nice..and great idea..air hammer will always win.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I've done several guns with just a hammer, vice and punch.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How does it look with the back sight? I am looking for new sights or maybe just a front. On my old xdm .40 i had TFOs and liked them, but there are alot of options out there! lol

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I have removed these sights with a wimpy ball-peen and a punch off of the carpet. Since I didn't feel the need to use a vice.
Technique is everything.

I guess the air hammer works also.
Did you use it to re-install the new ones?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have removed these sights with a wimpy ball-peen and a punch off of the carpet. Since I didn't feel the need to use a vice.
Technique is everything.

I guess the air hammer works also.
Did you use it to re-install the new ones?
Fingers, to push it back in and some red threadlock....

There is no need to file the sight to make it fit in my case....I was really surprise that it just slip right in...

jsnole How does it look with the back sight? I am looking for new sights or maybe just a front. On my old xdm .40 i had TFOs and liked them, but there are alot of options out there! lol
I dont have a pic of that at the moment..but here is what they look like on my Alaskan 454.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got mine off with a small brass hammer and brass punch..oh yeah, You have to hit them...
They didn't come off like everyone is saying , real hard ..But they were on there...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I picked up a set of hi viz in green front/rear. Had em installed in about in hour. My cost...27 dollars. Yeah buddy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much do everything on my pistol(s)..It's the mechanic in me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts