Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I go to a gun shop that I haven't been to and ask for a XD9 SC. The owner doesn't have one but he does have a XD service .40. So I asked to see it. He proceeds to tell me that it is his. He fired about 100 rounds out of it and every 4th round would FTF. He said he sent it to SA to get fixed. They fixed the problem and said they fired 80 rounds without a glich. They got a hold of him and said that as soon as he sends $52, they'll return the pistol to him. He said, I thought it has a lifetime warranty. They said it does, but the $52 was an inspection fee. He paid it but said that he'll never buy or sell another SA again.

Has anyone heard of such a thing from SA?

·
Registered
157 Posts
i dont know how long ago this happened but i sent mine off in january 05 and never had to pay no fee....

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
noone ever has paid a fee. Maybe because he was a dealer and not the end user it was different. *shrug*

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I'm calling BS on this one... but not sure why the story from the guy. :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm calling B.S. too , the only company I know that used to charge a fee was S&W for inspecting weapons NOT in for warranty repairs .

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't understand why he would tell you the story...was he trying to talk you out of buying an XD? Otherwise, I would say that his story is not true. I have never heard of any business that does service work, that does not give you an estimate or tell you of charges BEFORE you have the repairs/service done. Can you imagine 100's or 1000's of handguns being sent to SA each year and they tell you that unless you send in $XX that they will not send you your firearm back????? HUH??? So, if this gun dealer doesn't send them $52.00, then what?? SA holds the gun forever?? I would question the gundealers motives.
Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I call BS. Guy must be pissed at SA. Probably tried to talk some smack to some of the ladies there and got shot down. Crash and burn baby. Now he's all mad. Up in flames.

Just the part about the XD malfunctions sound like the biggest BS. Strange that a dealer would talk so badly about a gun that's selling like hotcakes and could bring in a lot of cash for him. Very strange.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I vote outright lie from the gunshop. I hate liars, deep-deep-pathalogical-hate for liars. :x

·
Registered
342 Posts
BS

I sent my xd in to SA last april or may after I thought I wrecked the thing. The invoice says they inspected the pistol, all wear marks, and test fired 100 rounds through it. I wasn't charged any fee for this, even though it turned out the pistol was still fine... they just didn't reimburse my 10 dollars for shipping. The only thing they charged me for was 95 bucks for trijicons which I got installed at the same time... standard fee.

I would find a more honest gun shop.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
BS ALERT! BS ALERT! BS ALERT!

I have had problems with my XD in the past and Springfiled never charged me a fee for any of it. Heck, they even paid the shipping fees. I would say never go that shop again.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
They may make you pay for the shipping though if nothing is wrong with the pistol. Overnight twice sounds about 59 bucks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This bring me to an interesting point. How can I get a job as the test fire guy? That would be right up there with video game tester.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
They may make you pay for the shipping though if nothing is wrong with the pistol. Overnight twice sounds about 59 bucks.
this could be... I had to pay my own shipping. However, he would have already paid to have it shipped one way already, right? and 59 dollars for the return trip sounds steep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts