Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate the handle look, will do the upgrades. Rail, optics and light . .Will be stickily a home defense. .have researched it and I think this is the choice I've made. . Anyone have first hand knowledge? Thanks. .

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My friend Josh won one at a sportsmans club banquet a few months ago. We took it out and it started off running fine. Every once in a while, he'd get a light strike, like once or twice per mag tube. Thought it was ammo related, but he tried some of my Federal and Winchester and they were definitely light strikes. He sent it back to Kel-tec and a few weeks later they sent it back with a letter of parts they switched out. The part that caught my attention was the hammer spring. So maybe that's all it was. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed running it. It's so light and short that it's easy to move from target to target. I tried to win one in a recent raffle but didn't get it. If I had, and it turned out to be reliable, it would probably be a go-to bedside gun.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I need more pro's and con's.. defiantly will use this

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the KEL - TEC KSG a better investment?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I guess I'll expand on my previous post a bit. :)

I really like it. The handle would have to go for me as well. Josh says he's going to keep it because it works better for him (he's really short and I'm really tall), but I would prefer a rail and a red dot, as well as a better option for mounting a light/switch. Currently, he's got a light on it, but he had to finagle how he set up the switch, wire, and light to get it to work, since it's on the pump. I think with the long top rail installed, it would be an easier setup. Might have to put a riser on the red dot to get it to the right height, but that's not such a big issue. I thought capacity of the mag tube was about right. We even played with mini-shells because I was vurious how they would run in it, and that was probably my favorite run of the whole experience. The light recoil of the mini-shells, combined with nearly double the capacity meant you could just keep shooting (light primer strikes notwithstanding) for a long time without a sore shoulder. Mini-shell slugs or buckshot in this thing, coupled with a good light and red dot would make a GREAT HD gun, in my opinion. Which is why I still want one. Other good philosophy of uses for it could be backup/backpack/boat gun for hunting in bear country, truck gun, etc. The light weight and small footprint lend itself to traveling with you where a full size or non-bullpup shotgun simply wouldn't be feasible. Maybe one downside is lack of chokes; I don't think the barrel is capable of accepting them, so any kind of hunting/clay shooting use would be limited at best. But I don't think that's what Kel-tec had in mind anyway, so...

If another raffle comes up for one, I'm definitely putting in for it. I know Kel-tec gets a lot of flak for reliability, but they took care of Josh's without any questions and he says it seems to be working fine now. So maybe he got a lemon or one with an out of spec spring or something, and I can't hold that against a company.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
With upgrades / As it comes factory

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Wood
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

·
Registered
897 Posts
Looks cool and very compact. Out of all the bull pup shotguns this one to me. Is the most practical. I just don't get the bull pup design. That thing looks hard to load/reload.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks cool and very compact. Out of all the bull pup shotguns this one to me. Is the most practical. I just don't get the bull pup design. That thing looks hard to load/reload.
It's not a runnin gunnin shotgun for sure but at 26" . . Reload not the most efficient but HD looks like it hit the mark imo

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
897 Posts
I need to get my hands on one. In a mag feed semi platform that would be bad ass. Right now the flavor of the week for me is 12 gauge. I have a ton of ammo and ran in to a deal at Turner's. It's a Citadel Bosshog. I'm gonna have a play date at the desert coming soon and I should be able to run the heck out of this thing.
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory
Air gun Wood Trigger Bicycle part Gun barrel

This thing is 41" long . It's the second shortest shotgun I own.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not exactly a HD gun like i originally posted asking for first hand knowledge. . But I get it your excited to show off your shotgun. .

Reactions: Mike51392
1 - 12 of 12 Posts