Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good bad indifferent,

I don't really need a Light for My AR but thought While i was modding it out. i might as well add one.

come on Mike Dazzle us here.

I was looking at an Insight Typhoon H2X is it worth the money. or should i look at something different.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you sir.

ill read up on it then one night when i have the house all to myself i will run tactical maneuvers around the house and see if i can locate the bother some boxers that seem to be running around the house at night casuing mischive and mayhem

hey if im gonna invest in a light i need to have some fun playing with it to
Mike runs SureFire lights, favorite right now is a Scout Light.
I've ordered a 220 lumen replacement LED head :cool: instead of the 100 lumen stock LED. Should be a great setup.

oh and get down to the bottom of the page and give me some smileys on my smitty dang you its your fault i bought the DD rails in the first place.

JK

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm sure you've been asked before but, why not put the light on the piston block and move the sight further on the rail? that way you can get a longer sight radius? Basically keep the same set up but just move it forward... 4-5 notches.

the gasblock gets to be about 1 trillion degrees.

new generation LEDs already have heat dissipation issues....and the mount base is plastic. And i dont know the melting point of that particular plastic.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I only have experience with my Insight M6 laser/light for my XD9. It's a great, reliable laser/light. I haven't had any problems and it keeps zero very well. I'd recommend Insight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A few nights ago, my family had a bit of a scare.. a car came up our driveway, which in and of itself is not that big of a deal. Unless you have seen our driveway. Anyway, they proceed to back down the driveway and leave. A litte while later both of the dogs proceed to "go nuts", so I put a leash on the Mastiff and head outside with a flashlight, pistol, and the dog. As I'm walking around the property (false alarm as it turns out), I thought to myself "Geez, if I had my AR out here, I would be screwed" since I don't have a light on it, and handling a light separately from a rifle would be ridiculous.

So the next morning I set out to find a reasonably priced light setup for the AR. I went to a local shop that carries such things, tell them I need something reasonably priced, and they start showing me Surefire 900's and some other $400+ setups. While those things are really nice, I have to work withing a budget. I don't really feel the need for remote switches, and don't especially like the idea of cords wrapped around my rifle.

I came home and did some research and came across the Pelican M6, which apparently a lot of people mount to their AR's with some measure of success. I even read one post on arfcom mentioning some operators in the sandbox using this setup.

I only post this to give other lurkers like me another option.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Hey T.J. if you are still looking for a weapon light, I got a few (actually a lot) of the Sig Sauer weaponlights ( SIG Store )

If you're interested let me know.

You need to be offering up one of those lights that I bought from you. I am still amazed by how bright that thing is. Even had someone ask me where they could get one last weekend. I just replied that "I'm special." :D

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
You need to be offering up one of those lights that I bought from you. I am still amazed by how bright that thing is. Even had someone ask me where they could get one last weekend. I just replied that "I'm special." :D
Hells no! Those are custom and only a select few can have them! BTW, I have 2 new ones, different style also. 1 is a small everyday carry that emits 227 lumens for a little over 4 hrs. The other is just as big as the one that I gave you with a bigger bezel for more throw and that pushes 260 lumens with about 3.5 hours of max output.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Hells no! Those are custom and only a select few can have them! BTW, I have 2 new ones, different style also. 1 is a small everyday carry that emits 227 lumens for a little over 4 hrs. The other is just as big as the one that I gave you with a bigger bezel for more throw and that pushes 260 lumens with about 3.5 hours of max output.
How many lumens do you think the one I have is giving out? Whatever it is, I know it's enough to blind me every time I pull it out!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
How many lumens do you think the one I have is giving out? Whatever it is, I know it's enough to blind me every time I pull it out!
I forgot what it was but I think it was about 215 at most for about 3 hours. I think after that it drops drastically and can run on useable light for about 10 hours.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Sorry T.J. if we went a little off track of your original post... But I'm sure you don't mind! :)

BTW, I still haven't gotten my package yet! :( and you already got mine! LOL I even sent it out a day after you sent yours out! LOL SLACKER!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Impressive video. That light seems like a great deal, do you know if there is a mount that will work with it?
If it's a 1" light, you can use the KZ mount that can be found on botachtactical.com. If it's a bit smaller than 1" in diameter, you can use electrical tape to get it on there snug. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts