Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll!

I just became a fellow XD owner and have to say, it's the best polymer handgun I have owned. I traded my Glock 19 to get it. Now the Glock was an excellent shooting gun, but I always felt I had to "adjust" my grip to dial in tight groups. This baby just feels natural.

Anywho... I am wanting to get my concealed carry lisence and am looking for ideas on a comfortable inside the waistband holster. I am 5', 10 1/2" and 225lbs. and right handed. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

13 + 1 of .45 acp... don't get much better than that...;)

·
Premium Member
127,076 Posts
I highly recommend the CrossBreed SuperTuck. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds and it fits me well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a winner. How you like the new XDM? Held one at a gun store and if felt like it was molded to my hand. Good looking piece too! Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck and I am 5'10" 185lbs with a XD40 Service, feels great and conceals great!

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I don't have any specific recommendations, but only to make sure that it is a stable holster that wont move or unclip... I do believe that the crossbreed supertuck does a fantastic job of keeping secure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked it up. I think I might have to go with the Horsehide combat grip cutout version. Looks like a good quality holster. Very reasonable price also. Does it have a trigger guard retension built in....or more like a yaqui slide setup? Not that its that big of an issue...with a shirt tucked in, I doubt its going anywhere...:mrgreen: Thanks again

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i have the supertuck, and liked it for a while...it's very comfortable, but doesn't work well with the belt i got...never could get the j-hooks worked out, and the thing kept sagging.

frustrated, i picked up a gun-works holster. it's great! i forgot i had it on yesterday...not tuckable, but i have the supertuck for that. fast delivery too, and i'm a lefty :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I have the supertuck and I am 6'2" and alot heavier then you all. It works real good. Took me a while to find the right spot and I went from a 4" to a 3" SC to make it more comfortable. Now it works with almost every type of pants I have. I really like it, well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Comp-Tac CTAC is my every day and competition carry.

I love it, best holster I have ever owned.

I hear the superbreed is good, but I have never had one. It looks like an awful lot of leather against the skin. Perhaps a free sample can sway me ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the advice. I do notice while shooting my XD.45 out here (hot and muggy south) that my hands tend to get sweaty and it sometimes can get a little difficult to keep my holding position in follow up shots. (After a few boxes mind you...ha) Would you recommend a Hogue or Pachmeyer grip if they make one, or the stick on gripper patches I have seen pics of? Or I have even seen a clip on YouTube I believe that had a guy who melted a grippy pattern on several different polymer handguns with a device that resembled a soldering gun? I would rather not deface the gun beyond what it looked like from the factory if at all costs.:rolleyes: But love this gun and NEVER plan on selling it.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, great looking holsters! Thanks for the tip Houseboat. Many excellent products to chose from. How well does the metal clip hold on a belt? Is the cant adjustable? IOW (FBI cant, vs. straight up...etc)

Will research all these holsters and get some feedback before I "pull the trigger" on which I will settle with... thank you again.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Wow, great looking holsters! Thanks for the tip Houseboat. Many excellent products to chose from. How well does the metal clip hold on a belt? Is the cant adjustable? IOW (FBI cant, vs. straight up...etc)

Will research all these holsters and get some feedback before I "pull the trigger" on which I will settle with... thank you again.
The metal clip holds the holster very secure.We have never had anyone complain,just compliment's on how secure our single clip will hold.
A lot of our customers tell us that they like our design of a single clip as far as making it easy as far as putting on or removing your holster.
You asked about the adjustable cant. The cant is fully adjustable and very secure.You can adjust it to fit you exactly.
As always we offer a no BS warranty.If you ever have a problem with one of our products we will repair our replace on our dime.
Thank You
Larry & Isabel

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds impressive. Thanks for responding.:D I even sent the link to some friends and my old man. He has a hard time finding holsters for his 24/7, I noticed you handle this pistol as well. (still trying to get him to trade it for an XD...ha)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I was shooting with a felow XDTalk member over the weekend. He had two of houseboats iwb holsters. One for a XD.45, one for a 1911 .45. I was very impressed with houseboats holsters! I intend on making a purchase from him soon. He's working on developing a holster for the bersa .380.
As for quality, I was knocked out. Give these guys a chance. They have a no BS guarantee, and, a cool web-site!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts