Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh no, another 1lowlife opinions wanted thread..:roll:

It is a curse to be indecisive..:(

Thought I wanted the STI guardian, but it is more or less the same size as my EMP.

I'm shopping for a commander sized 9mm 1911
I've got it down to two choices..

STI Ranger II

STI ranger II review

Or a Dan Wesson Guardian

DW Guardian review

What say you...?

Thank you ...1LL

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Without handling or seeing either gun in person, I pick the Ranger. I dont know, theres something about it I like more than the DW. Both good guns based on the reviews. Good luck.

If you get too bored with the EMP be sure to send it on over, I'll take good care of it for ya. ;)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have a LEO buddy who bought an STI, it was just okay in my opinion.
Dan Wesson is awesome, superb workmanshit & reliability. CS is also friendky as hell.
Both are nice, but I would buy Dan Wesson or Ed Brown, or Wilson before I would get an STI

·
Registered
829 Posts
I say you get a 5 inch 1911. You already have a compact and adding a inch isn't that different. Go to a full-size :) I like the STI but I have heard nothing but great things from DW. They are owned by CZ now as well and I'm a HUGE CZ fan if you can't tell.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might try posting in the correct forum. It's one below this one.

I put it here..
A place for discussion of non-XD handguns.

If you feel it needs to go in the 1911 forum, feel free to PM the mods and have it moved if it bothers you that much.
I've got better things to do..:cool:
Obviously, you do not..

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You might try posting in the correct forum. It's one below this one.
Seriously, the internet police!

Get a hobbie besides this one geesh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I used to shoot with a guy who had a DW and while I never shot it, I did fondle it a bit. It was extremely accurate when he shot it, seemed reliable and was tight. STI... well you know where I stand witht hem, top notch guns, made in the USA and great folks to deal with.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Get the Glock you want and be done with it! Besides you know you are going to sell what ever you buy in a few months for something else any way, LOL!

I hadn't seen the CZ before, looks good!

For the price you could buy 2 of these and dual wield!
CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW PolyCoat 9mm

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I put it here..
A place for discussion of non-XD handguns.

If you feel it needs to go in the 1911 forum, feel free to PM the mods and have it moved if it bothers you that much.
I've got better things to do..:cool:
Obviously, you do not..
Are not BOTH pistols you are talking about 1911 pistols?

Forum dedicated to not only Springfield's 1911-A1's but for all 1911 variants. Produced for almost 100 years and with much history, it deserves its own forum.

Gee.....

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are not BOTH pistols you are talking about 1911 pistols?

Forum dedicated to not only Springfield's 1911-A1's but for all 1911 variants. Produced for almost 100 years and with much history, it deserves its own forum.

Gee....
Sorry, I didn't notice your forum police badge..:roll:
What is in you to make such a big deal out of nothing?

How is this?

Dear Cannibul and all members of XDtalk,
With my deepest regrets, I apologize for posting this thread in the non-XD handguns forum as opposed to the 1911 forum.
I truly hope and pray for your forgiveness and the forgiveness of all members of this forum.
I trust you will be able to recover from any pain, suffering, or loss due to my actions of posting in the wrong forum.
In the future I will try my best to improve my skills in selecting the appropriate forum for my upcoming threads.
Now, please provide your input on the topic at hand, or butt the **** out.

Thank you, 1LL

I can't move it to another forum, and you know that.
I don't know what you expect me to do?
But rest assured, I'm not going to do anything.

Again, if you feel it needs to go in the 1911 forum, feel free to PM the mods and have it moved if it bothers you that much.
Here, I'll help you...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I dont have the 2 models you mentioned, but do have a DW CBOB and a STI Spartan. For the specific guns I have, the DW is heads and shoulders above the STI (trigger, quality of build, accuracy, finish). I am thinking about selling the Spartan, but the DW will always be in the family.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Bless you my child, you are forgiven. Three Hail Mary's and two Our Fathers......:rolleyes:
This guy is insane with too much time on his, no doubt, VERY SMALL hands.;)

Sorry, I didn't notice your forum police badge..:roll:
What is in you to make such a big deal out of nothing?

How is this?

Dear Cannibul and all members of XDtalk,
With my deepest regrets, I apologize for posting this thread in the non-XD handguns forum as opposed to the 1911 forum.
I truly hope and pray for your forgiveness and the forgiveness of all members of this forum.
I trust you will be able to recover from any pain, suffering, or loss due to my actions of posting in the wrong forum.
In the future I will try my best to improve my skills in selecting the appropriate forum for my upcoming threads.
Now, please provide your input on the topic at hand, or butt the **** out.

Thank you, 1LL

I can't move it to another forum, and you know that.
I don't know what you expect me to do?
But rest assured, I'm not going to do anything.

Again, if you feel it needs to go in the 1911 forum, feel free to PM the mods and have it moved if it bothers you that much.
Here, I'll help you...

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I dont have the 2 models you mentioned, but do have a DW CBOB and a STI Spartan. For the specific guns I have, the DW is heads and shoulders above the STI (trigger, quality of build, accuracy, finish). I am thinking about selling the Spartan, but the DW will always be in the family.
I have a Spartan as well but the Spartan is (or was when I bought it) a $600.00 gun. Its basically a rebranded RIA with STI small parts and name. Bad comparison IMO.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a Spartan as well but the Spartan is (or was when I bought it) a $600.00 gun. Its basically a rebranded RIA with STI small parts and name. Bad comparison IMO.
Fair statement, but also why I offered the caveot "for the specific guns I have". I knew it was the low end STI, I just had a higher expectation.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bought the 9mm Dan Wesson Guardian on Gunbroker yesterday.
Should have it late next week.
Thank you all for your input...1LL

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
You know the drill 1ll; pics or it didn't happen. Just thought I would beat someone else to it. Congrats on the new gun. Know you are gonna like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there a difference in frames? I know the Guardian uses an alloy frame, so it would be lighter than the Ranger if it used a steel frame.

There's also the finish factor to consider. You get the Dan Wesson Duty Treatment as opposed to what STI uses, probably either a traditional bluing or parkerizing.

And you also have to consider the bobtail factor of the Guardian and the full frame of the Ranger. A lot is going to depend on the uses for the gun and your personal preferences.

Sent by Brown's Custom Grips using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Late to the party, but I went with the Guardian. I was going to get the Ranger II and bobtail it, but before I bought it, the Guardian was announced. in the end it would be similar to the Guardians price after the work was done.

I've had my guardian for almost a year and have no complaints.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts