1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Looks like it doesn't cover the trigger. Not something I'd like to carry my gun in.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Under the safety it says you should not carry with one in the chamber

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I'd like to see one in real life. I definitely don't like the idea of not having a trigger guard considering I always carry with a round chambered. I also kind of doubt it will be more comfortable or conceal better than my Supertuck. Cost is one big advantage that it has. Anybody out there tried one???

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
^
Colbert never looked better.

It's not any worse than a pocket gun you can't get out of your pocket. Being the guy playing "pocket pool" tends to stand out in an emergency.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Says on the VersaCarry website that the Gen II is coming out in October and will have an optional trigger guard. Think I'll have to see what it looks like before deciding if I "need" another holster.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If it is based off of that design then I don't see how they could come up with a proper trigger guard. Cool idea and I am happy for him that he is doing well but I don't think it is for me.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
The company recommends not carrying a gun with the chamber loaded in the device because it has to adopt policies to make it safe no matter who is using it, Sitz said. However, the device is designed so that if a gun is fired while in it, the device will be expelled and destroyed, but the gun won't explode and hurt the user, he said.
the device will be destroyed, the gun won't explode, but what about that stray boolit? I must be missing something, perhaps that little dowel that sticks in barrel must be some new amazing spaceage material that absorbs the energy of a bullet, if the exposed trigger is bumped or snagged with a loaded chamber.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
The gun exploding won't hurt the user (because the gun won't explode) but the device exploding and showing shrapnel in all directions, and the bullet exiting the barrel will hurt the user.

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
Ok..not to throw a kink in the chain

True "crossbreed" having the versacarry clip to hold the pistol riveted to the backing while having the leather guard to prevent the pistol from "digging in"

Just to chuck that out there.

Interesting..but boy howdy...what happens if it hangs up and you draw and fire your pistol with the holster still "attached" badguy gets not only lead but a large chunk of plastic embedded in him...ouch!

From the pics of the pistols..the trigger is tugged nicely behind the belt...so its equivalent of having it inside a kydex sheath...almost

I would prefer a full wrap around piece instead of a "clip" because sometimes when you draw the holster can slip off the belt and come out with the pistol!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
No because the trigger is free to get caught on something as you holster the gun. The belt is not covering the gun at all times. According to the website your not supposed to carry with one in the chamber so drawing and having the holster come out with the gun is not a problem since once you draw you still have to rack the slide to chamber a round.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is a video that is worth watching again when an experienced shooter shoots himself in the leg with a Kimber 45 ACP drawing his pistol out of his holster. In this case, it is a conventional holster.

I agree with the comments offered. The manufacturer, young Justin, needs to develop a risk assessment for the design & start considering a revision later. In this same view, when any of us purchase a weapon, we should do our own risk assessment about the weapon, caliber, holster, and our training (or lack thereof).

An issue a lot of you have implied correctly is that carrying a CCW weapon must involve frequent training and constant attention to safety. With this holster and any other really, keep your finger off of the trigger until the target is in the sights. Many commenters with experience do discuss the issue of the keeping the finger off of the trigger unlike the fellow on the video.

As an aside, I just saw a new CCW holster from DeSantis called the Pocket Shot. It is a leather holster designed for pocket carry. The pistol can be fired with the holster still in place with a finger hole for positive grip (and another hole for the trigger), access to the slide, & access to the magazine release. DeSantis has the same issue, keep your finger away from the trigger when taking the pistol & holster out.

This looks like a trend in holster design. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
As an aside, I just saw a new CCW holster from DeSantis called the Pocket Shot. It is a leather holster designed for pocket carry. The pistol can be fired with the holster still in place with a finger hole for positive grip (and another hole for the trigger), access to the slide, & access to the magazine release. DeSantis has the same issue, keep your finger away from the trigger when taking the pistol & holster out.

This looks like a trend in holster design. Be careful out there.
The Pocket Shot

They actually describe this as a holster that conceals like a wallet. It seems like when you go to pull the "wallet" out you can get a shooting grip on the gun apparently.

Pocket Shot — DeSantis Holster
The Pocket Shot™ is our latest way to conceal and rapidly access your small auto. The #110 disguises itself as a wallet but can be brought into action instantly without removing the gun. It's made of black leather, is ambidextrous, and will carry several different 380 and 32 autos.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That desantis holster also looks like it might end up on the wrong side of ATF regs. Wallet style holsters are fine if you have to remove it from the holster to shoot, if it can be fired without removing it from the holster it "technically" becomes an AOW.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
The Pocket Shot

They actually describe this as a holster that conceals like a wallet. It seems like when you go to pull the "wallet" out you can get a shooting grip on the gun apparently.
That's the stupidest thing I've seen yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts