Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys I always wanted to get a decent looking M1 carbine and when i called one of the gunshop today one of them have an Inland carbine and he said its in excellnet condition so i went a head and checked it out, I used to own a plainfield m1 and i think this one is a lot better than that ( i hope) so anyway I put it on layaway for my xmas gift for myself , here she is.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Nice looking rifle. I always wanted one, ever since I used to watch the TV show "Combat" back in the day. :)

Never did get one though. :(

Oh well..............

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
I only wish that there were enough of
the those little babies to go around for
everyone. But, that is not the case.

Enjoy yours. That was my first issue
rifle, until an M2 came my way.

Ed

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello guys I was able to take her out of layaway intime for xmas and i gotta say this old battle rifle can shoot..i used wolf ammo and it was a little cold about 14degs outside..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Very nice.

I got one about a year and a half ago. A buddy of mine got it back from his former girlfriend. Her brother painted it. It was really ugly. Got all the paint stripped, and rubbed in several coats of BLO. It looks really nice now. Got it for a steal, too. $150.00.

·
Registered
511 Posts
WOW! that looks sharp. my first rifle was an inland M-1 ,1957.
the stock on mine was very dark walnut with figures of tan and purple through out.
i have some remorse about selling it.
i know you will enjoy it:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
WOW! that looks sharp. my first rifle was an inland M-1 ,1957.
the stock on mine was very dark walnut with figures of tan and purple through out.
i have some remorse about selling it.
i know you will enjoy it:)
USGI M1 Carbines were not made after 1945

·
Registered
511 Posts
i received it from my father as a 'first rifle in1957.'
he brought it home from the war. he was a navy gunnery chief, taught .30 - 40mm at califorina naval gunnery range near monteray by the sea califorina.
figured the 1957 would be interpreted as year of first rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts