Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an XD as an option for my next gun purchase. I found that the SA web site is a little lacking in details/info about the XD's.

Have any of you run across any good sites with pictures and descriptions of the XD? I'm sure they're out there somewhere....

I really want to get my hands on an XD and try it out. I'm a little concerned about the grip...I tend to prefer larger grips (all of the pistols that can handle it get Hogue finger groove grips as their first accessory). The Glock 17 feels pretty good to me, but I think that's because of the finger grooves and thumb rest. Has anyone tried a Hogue Handall or Agrip slip on with the XD?

Thanks for the help!

Jim

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Have any of you run across any good sites with pictures and descriptions of the XD? I'm sure they're out there somewhere....
You could try http://www.hs2000talk.com , but I have to warn you, there is some grumpy one eyed fat man who will bitch at you if you don't use the "search" function...

Lot's of pics, reviews, etc....

Raymond

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Captain Ray said:
You could try http://www.hs2000talk.com , but I have to warn you, there is some grumpy one eyed fat man who will bitch at you if you don't use the "search" function...

Lot's of pics, reviews, etc....

Raymond
I'd love to tell you to SHUT UP RAY but I probably deserve that one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I tried the Pachmyer grip, didn't care for it, it kept riding up on the grip safety. The Hogue looked to be the exact same thing, so I gave the Decal Grips that Pistol-Gear.com sells, and havn't ever looked back. Gives great traction, and I don't even miss the finger grooves (always been a finger groove fan myself). A few folks on here have also mentioned the Agrip, another decal type grip, and a few use some sort of rubber 'safety' traction tape found at the local hardware store. As far as pics of the XD, I know www.xd-hs2000.com has some, as well as being the best location for disassembly info. I have a buddy with a Glock in .40 that has the finger grooves, both he and I prefer the XD, but he still won't give up his glock. :)Anyway, just my input. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you like the 17, you'll be just fine with the 4" service model XD. I have big hands and it fits like a glove.

Originally I was about to buy the G19, but after shooting the XD found out my grip on the 19 was less than perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paper tiger said:
If you like the 17, you'll be just fine with the 4" service model XD. I have big hands and it fits like a glove.

Originally I was about to buy the G19, but after shooting the XD found out my grip on the 19 was less than perfect.
The only thing that worries me is the lack of finger grooves. My 3rd gen G17 has them, but I've shot a 2nd gen without them and I didn't like it at all. As far as the G19, it never felt right to me...too small and not comfortable.

I'm going to see if I can fondle an XD this afternoon at a local shop, just to get a feel for it.

Thanks for the replies!
Jim

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Looks we have ourselves another Glock fan to cross over into the realm of Xtreme_Duty! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts