Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my first gun today. I went for the 3.8 9mm compact. I test fired some glocks in both 9 and 40 as well as the 4.5 XDm and 40. It came down to either the 40 or 9 in the 3.8 compact. I shot about equal group which does not surprise me as I have no real experience. In the end I chose the 9mm because I felt more comfortable with it. (I could fire the 40 well, but the different recoil of the 9 made me a bit more comfortable. Wasn't worse or better, just different)

I would like to thank the posters here as even though I have not asked a lot of questions, there was a lot of information here that helped me out. (everything that I would have asked had been asked and discussed before, no point in littering the forums with more)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome aboard! I got the same xdm, and I do so love it. I'm sure you will enjoy the tar outta her.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have the 4.5 .45, 3.8 .40, and the 3.8 compact in 9mm. Good choice and you'll have more like alot of us before you know it. :)

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Welcome from NOVA. Shot the 3.8c in 9mm a few months back. Great pistol. You will enjoy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on your purchase - you're going to have so much fun with it! I have the 4.5 9mm and will soon be adding the 3.8 compact. Happy Shooting! :)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
From your original post, it's seems you have done your homework, great job and good choice. Another educated gun owner has joined the ranks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Excellent choice, I got mine a few months ago, shot 100 flawless rounds the first day, great pistol.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Excellent!!!! You joined, read previous threads and then posted. Nice! Every new guy in town will ask the exact same question that was asked a week before from the guy that join then.

Thanks for not being that guy! : )
CHEERS and HAPPY SHOOTING!

Kidding Welcome to the forum, we are all here to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the welcomes. Should be picking it up tomorrow. I will be sure to post a report of course, even if I am shooting horrible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts